Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No Cel

191k on the dial...3 weeks since i bought it
From the 2nd day there was Hesistation on acceleration and at higher rpms it was bog and stutter and it just got worse over the weeks
It jus doesnt want to start it sputters and jus doesnt turn over and at times backfires extra loud[open headers]..

Im getting oil in my spark plugs how do i stop that...?

It started once no problems and ran for bout 30 seconds [very responsive to accerlation]

other times when it would start [the idle would fluctuate between 500 and 2k and it was not responsive to hitting the gas pedal it would cuz it to choke up and shut off

Distributor?
New crankshaft seal?
Clogged intake manifold?

Im clueless on this one and I really need this car for school and work to run just until i get my replacement longblock Help plz!

·
Registered
242 Posts
start with a basic tune up and just go from there. with that many miles shes in need of some tlc.with about 100 bucks get wires, plugs, air filter and fuel filter, and try a new valve cover seal hopefully the leak is there and not at the head seal. even if all this doesnt help you main problem, theyre things the car probably needs. while your at it see if your cat is clogged

1 - 3 of 3 Posts