Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm selilng my acura 2.2cl next summer when i get back from college and i was thinin about gettin a 93 or a 92 gsr....but i heard they're kinda rare.....so my question is, would it be easy to just get like a 93 gs and drop a jdm b16 gen 2 or a b18 in it...or a jdm h22? would that be easier to do or should i just say fuck it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Two of my friends had red 93 GS-Rs. They are kind of rare....I think that they are a lot more rare than Type Rs. Heck, i think that they may be less common then 97 Type Rs. Anyways, the 93 GS-Rs operate off of a cable YS1 trans. Im assuming that the 93 GS uses a cable clutch as well. The JDM 2nd gen B16 uses a hydraulic Y21 or S21 trans w/ optional LSD. It would be a PAIN IN THE ASS to make that integra use a hyrdaulic transmission. B18C (GS-R motors) motors also use a hydraulic transmission (Y80). You could buy a 2G B16 or B18C longblock, and then get a 1st gen B16 cable trans (Y1-opt.LSD,S1,J1,YS1-opt.LSD). Or you could get a cheap 1st gen B16 complete swap from hondamotorsonline or jdmhondaparts and pay around $1150 plus shipping. When your car is cable it is always easier to get a cable trans. Use some of the money that you saved by not converting to a hyrdaulic transmission, and get the cable one rebuilt with brand new synchros...as the used 1st gen b16 cable trans are prone to worn synchros...which causes grinding in between shifts (especially 2nd,3rd, and sometimes 4th gears). IMHO the H22A in an integra should be for drag purposes only...without upgrading the suspension or brake components you will have a car that goes fast in a straight line. Chronic under/oversteer. H22As also use a hydro trans...so you are looking at a HUGE cost to do that swap. I hope that this long ramble helped out some :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so basically what you're sayin' is that i should just get a motor with a the cable? what's the difference between a hydraulic tranny and cable? i'm a little new to the import shit, i know a little bit, but not enough to understand some of what you said...pretend i'm really really new to all this....if you don't mind....so it would be hard to put a b16 gen 2 into a 93 gs? sorry if i seem like i don't know shit, but i'm pretty knew to all this stuff....thanks for the help....

·
Registered
405 Posts
The 92-93 GSR's are very rare indeed. Finding a GS would be far far easier. Now for sway information. It wouldn't be that difficult but try to find a b16 complete with a tranny to match. The GS has a cable tranny. Switching to a hydro tranny would be difficult but not impossible. It would be to your advantage to find a YS-1 usdm or jdm with opt. lsd.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IcemanGSR said:
The 92-93 GSR's are very rare indeed. Finding a GS would be far far easier. Now for sway information. It wouldn't be that difficult but try to find a b16 complete with a tranny to match. The GS has a cable tranny. Switching to a hydro tranny would be difficult but not impossible. It would be to your advantage to find a YS-1 usdm or jdm with opt. lsd.

so basically, i should just go for an engine that has a cable tranny to match it so that it's easier for the drop in? the b16 is for what car again? i'm thinking civic but i'm not sure....do you know how much it would cost to convert a hydro to a cable so that I could make it work?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was looking on another site about motors and stuff, and i saw a b16a2....and it listed that it would fit in the 93 integra without mods....are they just full of shit? or are they not listing the transmission stuff?

can anyone give me a list of motors that i can put in a 93 gs integra? cable or hydro, just list what they are.....thanks, i appriciate it, A LOT!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.