Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

92-95 civic w/ turbo 1/4 times?? and help

4K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  redfox 
#1 ·
i was wondering who on this forum had a turbo on their 92-95 civic ex and if so what kit ( greddy, hks, drag) and what 1/4 mile times do you guys run? is it worth it? and have you had any problems with the kit?? any help would be great!! thanks

#2 ·
Many people use the graddy on EXs average sort of times are with standard boost 5.5psi mid to high 14s if you up the boost 10psi and get slicks you can get high 12s to mid 13s ;)

#5 ·
I don't know bout that whole high 12's to low 13's on only 10 lbs...From what i've seen on about 5 lbs look for low 15's, then at about 10 lbs look for low to mid 14's.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh well I guess you don't check many other websites then? Dude with slicks and good suspension those times are being done.

Hawjdude with slicks easy!! High 12s:eek:

#6 ·
Ok first off, a gsr hittin 12's is alot different then a civic ex hittin 12's. A gsr has 170 hp stock compared to 125 like the ex. Also I've never seen or heard of a 16 sec ex droping 4 seconds with just slicks and only 10 lbs. I've seen a civic with a jdm b16 on 10 lbs hit a 13.1. This car was also gutted on good sized slicks with a good driver. But if you say there are alot of ex's hittin 12's on only 10 lbs so them to me.

#8 ·
I hit a 9.6 @ 73.98 in the 1/8 mile with 5.5 psi with a 2.23 60 foot time and street tires and a slipping clutch. This equates to around a 14.8 in the 1/4 mile, and i'm running a pretty small turbo (IHI) in the APEXi kit. My car is also pretty heavy, i have a 00ex with leather interior. I took the sub/spare out but i still had the nitrous bottle/amp in the trunk. I am also un-intercooled right now. I hope to hit about a mid 14 on 8 psi and hit a high 13 at the track on 11 psi boost after i get a FMIC and a clutch.

#9 ·
lilaznwu98 said:
other than the greddy kit... what else is needed?? such as fuel management etc??? does the kit come with everything? and what is the reliabiltity?? is it stable? and what exhaust works best with the greddy turbo?

If you got the greddy kit , it comes with all the fuel setup u need. But you should get an intercooler and a bov. The only drawback from that is i heard that once u do that, that it voids the kit from being carb legal

#10 ·
zcsohc said:
I don't know bout that whole high 12's to low 13's on only 10 lbs...From what i've seen on about 5 lbs look for low 15's, then at about 10 lbs look for low to mid 14's.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh well I guess you don't check many other websites then? Dude with slicks and good suspension those times are being done.

Hawjdude with slicks easy!! High 12s:eek:
yeah i try to hit 12s, too bad i don't have a block-guard. easy 14lbs. well ex hitting 14s? never heard of that. 10lbs of boost on stock internals/ can't happen i can't even do that.

#11 ·
hawjdude said:
yeah i try to hit 12s, too bad i don't have a block-guard. easy 14lbs. well ex hitting 14s? never heard of that. 10lbs of boost on stock internals/ can't happen i can't even do that.
You can run up to around 12 pounds of boost for short ammounts of time on stock internals. If you have good tuning some sohc guys run around 8 on the street and 10-11 at the track. The really well tuned ones are around 12 psi and have dipped into the high 12's with some drag radials...i've seen it before.

#12 ·
Jkan2001 said:
You can run up to around 12 pounds of boost for short ammounts of time on stock internals. If you have good tuning some sohc guys run around 8 on the street and 10-11 at the track. The really well tuned ones are around 12 psi and have dipped into the high 12's with some drag radials...i've seen it before.
i was readin your sig and wanted to know what do u hit in the 1/4?

#13 ·
That would be nice!

hawjdude said:
i'm hoping to hit low 13s to high 12s this weekend.

I am racing on MT's *Finally TRACTION!!! So keeping everything same, full interior, 8psi, and looking for LOW 13's, I have only hit a 2.0 60' once on my Nitto Drags, so hoping MT's pull me some 1.8/1.9' s 60' = lower 13's

High 12's would be really nice, but I think I need to bump boost or do some weight redux for my heavy ass GSR to hit 12's!

Good luck and keep me posted!!

Mark

#14 ·
flip1199 said:
i was readin your sig and wanted to know what do u hit in the 1/4?
I'm not sure about the 1/4 but i ran a 9.6 in the 1/8 which calculates to around a 14.8 in the 1/4 mile. I have a slipping stock clutch, no FMIC and i'm only running 5.5 pounds of boost.

#15 ·
Re: That would be nice!

MarkGSR said:
I am racing on MT's *Finally TRACTION!!! So keeping everything same, full interior, 8psi, and looking for LOW 13's, I have only hit a 2.0 60' once on my Nitto Drags, so hoping MT's pull me some 1.8/1.9' s 60' = lower 13's

High 12's would be really nice, but I think I need to bump boost or do some weight redux for my heavy ass GSR to hit 12's!

Good luck and keep me posted!!

Mark
nice times...but i don't think you'll make it to a 1.8 60 foot. We had a buddy with a RX-7 with some MT slicks and he only hit a 1.8. It's pretty hard to dip below 1.9/2.0 on a FWD car no matter what kind of tires you have...unless of course you have massive hp and a very extensive drag suspension setu. I hit a 2.23 on my 205/50/15 kumhos with a slipping clutch. After i get an ACT or something i hope to get down to about a 2.1X and maybe a 2.0 with some drag radials or slicks.

#16 ·
Jkan2001 said:
so are you talking about with a blockguard in. Only on 12 on short amount of time. Well yeah i see what i hit this weekend.

#17 ·
Re: Re: That would be nice!

Jkan2001 said:
nice times...but i don't think you'll make it to a 1.8 60 foot. We had a buddy with a RX-7 with some MT slicks and he only hit a 1.8. It's pretty hard to dip below 1.9/2.0 on a FWD car no matter what kind of tires you have...unless of course you have massive hp and a very extensive drag suspension setu. I hit a 2.23 on my 205/50/15 kumhos with a slipping clutch. After i get an ACT or something i hope to get down to about a 2.1X and maybe a 2.0 with some drag radials or slicks.
I am pretty confident in a 1.9' considering I hit a 2.0 60' on Nitto Drag Radials, they don't compare to MT's !!! That 1 tenth off the line will take a couple off in the 1/4! Can't wait!!! :)

Keep ya posted'

*Pumped to get the MT's on!!!

#18 ·
hawjdude said:
Are you joking?? Ex have much lower compresion then you but yes you can boost 10psi to many many people run 10psi at the track on sohcs..

If you don't believe the times then check out honda.tec.h there a guy there with a honda civic cx with ex motor boosting 9psi on drag radials (not slicks) did a 12.8 I think he even went lower, its all about traction good suspension and tyres.... but believe what ya want:sleep:

#19 ·
zcsohc said:
Are you joking?? Ex have much lower compresion then you but yes you can boost 10psi to many many people run 10psi at the track on sohcs..

If you don't believe the times then check out honda.tec.h there a guy there with a honda civic cx with ex motor boosting 9psi on drag radials (not slicks) did a 12.8 I think he even went lower, its all about traction good suspension and tyres.... but believe what ya want:sleep:
well i believe you when i see it happen in my own eyes. BUt anything is possible with a civic. I know ex have lower compression but not as much power as me. 12.8?

#20 ·
hawjdude said:
best 1/4 mile, 13.8 (4 degrees celius, 12 psi, on slicks). 10psi, daily driven intercooled with a T3/T4. Here is your proof.

#22 ·
redfox said:
best 1/4 mile, 13.8 (4 degrees celius, 12 psi, on slicks). 10psi, daily driven intercooled with a T3/T4. Here is your proof.
Should told em it was an auto would of loved the reaction, you have lowered compression don't you redfox?? Have you been on the dyno yet?

#23 ·
zcsohc said:
Should told em it was an auto would of loved the reaction, you have lowered compression don't you redfox?? Have you been on the dyno yet?
Yeah, I think most people in this forum knows that by now that I drive an auto. I haven't been on the dyno yet, but according to a Gtech, I get about 190 whp at 12 psi. Now that number show be lower than that of a dyno because Gtech actually takes drag into account. I would like to get on a dyno, but there is none near where I live. Besides in 5 months time, I plan to have a manual tranny in there. Wanna do some Auto crossing. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.