Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
just gently pull that rubber thing thing out, it should stay attached to the black cover once u take it out, but once u pull it out, pull it from the speedo part too, so its hanging on the black cover...there are only 3 screws for the speedo, 4 maybe, but i dont remember, and u can see them all. Once those are all out, u have to flip it from front to back, like ur makin it do a back flip while slowly movin it upwards, its sitting in place, so u have to go easy at it and get it out...

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Si_g said:
just gently pull that rubber thing thing out, it should stay attached to the black cover once u take it out, but once u pull it out, pull it from the speedo part too, so its hanging on the black cover...there are only 3 screws for the speedo, 4 maybe, but i dont remember, and u can see them all. Once those are all out, u have to flip it from front to back, like ur makin it do a back flip while slowly movin it upwards, its sitting in place, so u have to go easy at it and get it out...
Wait... what rubber thing? I'm talking about that black plastic trim piece that runs along the bottom/front of the plastic HUD cover. It seems like it's pretty fragile plastic and I can't figure out how to get it detached from the plastic cover that is over the warning lights gas/temp gauges. I freed the plastic cover and had it about 3-4" out, but that black plastic piece that runs along the bottom of the whole HUD was keeping me from pulling it out because it was holding both sides together, and the Speedo/Tach are still stuck in there. What am I missing here...

~Peace

·
Registered
39 Posts
Score! It's done. The write-up helped a lot, I took my laptop down to the garage with this thread on the screen and used it.

It sits a little high, but I think if you cut off those metal bump-stop tabs completely it will sit a little lower.

The only thing is though, the studs are super-visible and it looks kind of ghetto that way. It looks like you guys have some kind of cover that I don't. Did that come with your roof panels?

Edit: Through polarized sunglasses the tint on the roof has this funky pattern. :eek

Dan

* my phone takes pictures kind of greenish. :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
pictures

does anyone know why i cant see the install pics from this thread i really want to do it and would prefer if i can compare it :D and if im doin it right, thx :number1

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
When I bought it I got the whole assembly from a wrecked 5th Gen. It had the black plastic covers.

You could probably make something up... out of sheet metal or something.

Either that or just hit up junk yards and look for a fifth gen. They're easy to take off. 2 Screws each

Your welcome for the write up. Glad I could help.

~Peace

·
Registered
6 Posts
IHIprelude....do you have the pictures on a zip or rar file by any chance?? the pictures of the step by step procedure, i cant seem to be able :noo to view them i have tried on 3 diff computers and nada, thx

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
alex09 said:
Anyone pls!!! i want to do this over the weekend :eek:
Honestly, without the pics it's pretty straight forward.

The only thing that you might need a picture for is when you drill holes in the brackets... you just line the holes up where it mounts to the car and drill through the other 2 holes...

Grinding down the bump stops is pretty self explanatory too. You don't have to cut down the "guide strips" as I mentioned. Works either way.

I have the pics on my Computer at Home and I'm away at College right now. I might be able to get them this weekend, but the photohost should be back up soon.

Do you already have the roof?

~Peace

·
Registered
6 Posts
I`m getting it tomorrow it will cost me $220 Can. i will end up getting everything incl. the motor but whatever the guy at the junkyard said he wouldnt part it out, anyways i wanted to ask you, when you say: "1) Use a utility knife to cut 1/4" from the 2 rubber slider guide strips on each side of the moonroof."
is this the bootom or the sides of the rubber strip that goes around the sunroof??thx :number1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok so whan the guy at the yard said "whole assembly" he raelly did mean the whole thing now i have the sunroof but with everything that goues with it that includes the huge sttel asseble that it has around it with the motor and the arms and it loos fairly new to me and nice and clean....anyhow i was just wondering if anybody knew how to take apart the assembly??it a 97 prelude assem. thx for any help i can get guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
sunroof panel replacement

Wasn't sure where to post this, but does anyone know how to simply replace the metal panel on top? I have a replacement coming in, as the one on my 96si is rusted pretty badly (somehow it doesn't leak). I kind of get the idea from this post, but am not sure. I dont need to replace the sunroof headliner, just the panel on top. Dont know if I should replace the seal around it with the one that is with the replacement, or keep the original. Worried that I might end up with leaks, although I think that if the drain plugs arent blocked, this shouldnt be an issue, right?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
will the moonroof in a 94-01 Integra work?

Just curious. they look very similar in size... has anyone ever tried to put the roof from a 3rd gen integra into a 4th gen prelude? will it work?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts