Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day i was riding and i saw a 92-96 honda prelude FOR SALE creamy white exc condition. I asked to look at it and i got the key crunk it up and to my surprise it did not sound like a honda turning over. The car sounded good and all, but when i popped the hood there was a 02 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V motor in it. You could see where they welded and did everything to get it in there a shitty job. To my knowledge that Spec V got 175hp i think. I think that was a waste of time and money.
the price of the car $7000. :confused :confused

What do all of you think about puttin a Spec V in a 92-96 Prelude and have any of you all done it?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
the-big-lude said:
The other day i was riding and i saw a 92-96 honda prelude FOR SALE creamy white exc condition. I asked to look at it and i got the key crunk it up and to my surprise it did not sound like a honda turning over. The car sounded good and all, but when i popped the hood there was a 02 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V motor in it. You could see where they welded and did everything to get it in there a shitty job. To my knowledge that Spec V got 175hp i think. I think that was a waste of time and money.
the price of the car $7000. :confused :confused

What do all of you think about puttin a Spec V in a 92-96 Prelude and have any of you all done it?
Pics? :confused

Sentra SE-R = 165 horsepower / 175lbs torque
SE-R Spec V =175 horsepower / 180lbs torque

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I've never heard of that swap. Power output is right between that of an H23 and H22 (160, 190), but with more peak torque. For the price, you can get a stock Integra GSR that can be legally registered, will pass the visual smog check in California, will not have a rebuilt title, and will not have any problems with the engine falling out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish i could have took pics b/c i never seen it either but i have no camera

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
w/ a shitty job of swapping the motor for $7k, i think you can get a better deal and the motor won't fall off as you drive lolz...well, the other guy said it...

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
95hprelude said:
yea, u can get a better motor, like an h22.

stock for stock i dont think spec v's have anything on preludes (assuming both drivers are equal)
From my experience? No they don't... not even close

~Peace

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.