Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently obtained obtained a 92 civic hatch with a number of modifications already done. From poking around I can have seen that it has a b16a3 swap, matching tranny, unknown turbo, oil catch can, 3 in exhaust, aem fuel rail, precision turbo injectors, what appears to be adjustable cam gears, and many small things. Much of the engine appears to be newer and clean, I was told it has 36k miles on the engine. It has a pressure guage on the fuel filter which stays between 40 and 45 psi. My questions about the engine are, how can I tell if any bottom end work has been done? It runs fine, I'm getting about 8psi on the gauge. Are there any other things I should know or find out before driving it too much? The previous owner knew nothing about it either. It runs cold, idles at 850, and doesn't give me trouble I just feel like the engine should be more powerful than it is, so the first step is the learning about it what I can. For comparison it's only slightly quicker off the line than my stock gsr.

Other info about it, the interior is stripped, battery in the boot, it's probably 1.5 inches lower, no power steering, no ac, no cc, and it uses s300, I am unsure which chip. It also has gsr blades which I am a big fan of. I can post pictures of anything if that would help identify the work that has been done to it. My goal is to have it run strong and be fun to drive around town.

·
Registered
98 Posts
seems like the car needs a lot of work. you mentioned on the last part that
the interior is stripped, battery in the boot, it's probably 1.5 inches lower, no power steering, no ac, no cc, and it uses s300, I am unsure which chip.
you should know the details about the things you mentioned such as unknown turbo, oil catch can, 3 in exhaust, aem fuel rail, precision turbo injectors, what appears to be adjustable cam gears. from there, you can pinpoint the mods you want to achieve.

you may check out this thread just to give you some ideas
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f49/92-civic-mods-what-first-110570/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts