Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helllo, im new here and tried doing a lil search but didnt find what i needed. Is there anyone with a walkthru on how to remove the heads from this car?
thnx
I found a few on ebay that im thinkg of ordering soon.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nvm

i asked for help..Im a noob but im not a noob to an online car club... I looked all over google and wasnt coming close.. but i figure id join a club and ask.. But nvm folks.. Ill just pay someone.. thanks for ur help..

· Registered
10,346 Posts
No need for that attitude, its quite obvious you didnt search at all, I just searched and found over 2 dozen useful results.

Very simple since you have a single cam. You should be able to remove the head yourself in a matter of hours with no mechanical knowledge and a good manual.

Hondas are the best for this sort of thing, they are easy to work on and can teach ya alot.

Let us know if you wanna tackle this on your own. We can help, but this site kinda demands people asking the questions to properly search.

Welcome to SHO

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Honestly, all you need is a good metric wrench and socket set and some patience, I did a transmission swap on an old civic with only oil change knowledge. I can point to to a writeup if you would like. Or pay someone. But thats giving up an opportunity to learn a bit more about your car.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no attitude

OKay.. I did search. i understand where u are coming from when u ask to google. And i did. this is the crappy results i got
how to swap heads+ 92 accord+writeup - Google Search
More about head lights... Maybe im not using the same words u are using.. thats why i was asking for direction.
I still would like to know in case for next time.. Because i didnt know if i could do it or not, i sent it to the shop.. they said they would get it all including all gaskets and timing for 1500.. i know they are ripping me off, but hey what can i do, im short of time, and dont know if i know what im doing.
But i am stilll interested in the writeup.
And my apologies if i sounded with attitude, but i also have a G50 as well... so thats a headache!

· Registered
10,346 Posts
1500 is way too much. this can be done in a few hours, even at 100 bucks per hour, max of maybe 300

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I have to apologize, after finding those results i looked into em and discovered its just a bunch of questions and whatnot, and no real writeup.

So I will provide my version, keep in mind I only done 2 F series headgaskets, and my last one was approx 2 years ago. Lets begin shall we?

Your biggest headache is getting at the timing belt tensioner, all you need to do is find that bolt and lossen it without removing it, and slip the timing belt off the cam gear. Take the valve cover bolts off, and find the big bolts on the bottom of the head and remove them, by loosing each bolt in a sequence. The idea is to prevent the head warping from simply removing each bolt as you find it.

Slipping the timing belt off the cam gear allows removal of the head, now its time to get a sharp razor blade, and carefully scrape off the old gasket, make every effort to prevent the head from being scratched by the blade.

New gasket, after spraying it on both sides with copper spray, it improves gasket lubrication and allows for a better seal. align the new gasket on the pins/dowels that are on the block. Once the new gasket is in place, remove the driver side wheel or turn the wheel to the left all the way, so you have access to that splash shield, usuually just 2 plastic screws, you can then use the ratchet itself on the crank bolt. All that needs to be done is using the ratchet and turning COUNTER clockwise, until you see the "UP" marking on the crank pulley to say up. Same with the cam gear in the head, you can use a ratchet and socket to do that. Once both the crank gear and cam gear markings say up properly, you can reinstall teh head, slip the timing belt back on, and tighten the tensioner again. Make sure there is NO slack in the belt betweeen the cam gear and crank, this is critical. if its off a tooth, your car will have troubles running correctly.

Hope this helps. Your biggest help is getting a 15 dollar manual at your local autozone or advance auto. This will cover the precedure as well, though my version gives you another prospective, as the manual will go on about removing the bitch bolt aka the crank pulley bolt (very diffficult of not setup correctly) and basically removing every belt on the car. My method involves simply loosening the timing belt tensioner. I did forget to mention, the other belts may get in the way, I would simply loosen the tensioners for those belts and then remove them. The alternator is adjusted by its mount, so simply loosening its mounting bolts will allow mnovement. You may find it easier to justb remove them as well.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well.. bad news ppl.. the motor locked up on me... Does anyone have anybody or know anyone who would have a motor to fit in a 92 Accord in the houston Tx area?.. Also.. Just to make sure im correct ... 1990-1993 accord engines are all the same right ??

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Sorry to here your motor said good bye. One place you might find a motor is on ebay, maybe someone is doing an H series swap and selling their old motor for cheap. Im not familiar with any motor websites, sorry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.