1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend has a wrecked 92 integra ls. he just purchased a
91 civic si hatch. i need to know what parts can we take from the
integra and transfer them to the civic.
what fits?? shocks,springs,brakes,sway bars???
thanks for any help or ideas

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The entire rear suspension will swap so you can have the discs. You need the e-brake cable too! Alos teh front knuckles swap but the axle size might be different. I'm not sure cause I have B-series axles and didn't try to put the D series axles iin the B series hubs. Sounds like a no way but it works on a 92 and up civic! Also the brake booster and the Master cylinder and the proportioning valve will swap no problems. You can't use the springs front or rear or struts (Not totally sutre on the struts) Can use rear sway bar and can use front sway bar but don't unless you have a bigger rear one you will understeer like a dog. I think I covered everything hit me up if you have more questions.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey man thanks for the above info. it helped us a great deal.
he has a first gen B16 in the integra right now. we want to take that and put it in the 91si. so i think that if put the front brakes from the integra on the civic then when we do the motor swap the axels will fit cause everything will be from the integra.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
You are absolutely correct in that and you will need a set of motor mounts too if you don't already know. Now your car will be like mine. The entire suspension on my car except the springs and struts are from an Integra. I have an "Intgevic" hehe. BTW do the entire brake system swap while your at it as the brakes will work much better if you use everything from the Integra. Oh! and put the brake booster and master cylinder in while the motor is out so it will fit or you can put the motor in and then takle it out again and then put the brake parts in it's up to you. Maybe you like to work hard. Your car is going to be a badass soon. Good luck and hit me up if you run into trouble as I have been messing with these shits for quite some time now.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i wish it was my car but its not. its my best friends car and i'm gonna help him as much as i can.
i understand that i'll be able to use the brakes and suspension from the integra with the exception of the springs and shocks.
but i wonder why not?? i mean everything will be from the integra right?? why wont they bolt up?? he plans on buying new shocks and springs anyways and it doesnt make a difference if he buys them for a 92 integra or a 91 civic si so price should be the same but different part numbers. again thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
They are different lengths (Not totally sure about the length though) and spring rates (Definetly different though) as the Integra is much heavier than the Civic also the fork on the front suspension is beefier but I never measured the length to see if it is different than the Civic's. It looks to be the same fork from the 92+ Civics and all Integras built after 90. I just used the stock forks as they were attached to the struts already and I didn't feel like removing them and checking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts