Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K i raced my buddies accord the other day. He has a 4 cylinder accord with CAI, and exaust. I'm all stock for performance. When we raced we were pretty much dead even the whole way. I just wanna know what you guys think. SHould i have beaten him or what. and if your gonna flame about street racing don't bother replying.

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
what kinda of engine is in your lude? the f22? if so that is that same as the accord and the reason why you ran so close

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
prelude97sh said:
if hes auto too... u should have beaten him.
yup.

but if he is stick then it would be close like you described.

you still won tho... right? :p

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
hondaciviclover said:
it was dead even off the line. But after 3rd i started taking the lead.
so... was he an auto or a stick? :p

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
His car is an auto. And yea my engine is worn out. Its got 260 kms on it. Gonne drive it to the ground before the swap.

·
Registered
123 Posts
sounds about right. I went to the track the other day and raced my buddy with a 96 2 door accord with maybe an intake and an exhaust- auto though. I have the stock f22 for now just saving up for the h22 but neway i had him off the line and beat him by .4 seconds at the end. Was a really close race, i was surprised how well my stock car did against his. If you want i can post my time slip with all the numbers

-Gene

·
Registered
186 Posts
ProjectWidow said:
sounds about right. I went to the track the other day and raced my buddy with a 96 2 door accord with maybe an intake and an exhaust- auto though. I have the stock f22 for now just saving up for the h22 but neway i had him off the line and beat him by .4 seconds at the end. Was a really close race, i was surprised how well my stock car did against his. If you want i can post my time slip with all the numbers

-Gene
How much did you do in de 1/4 at what speed?

Factory I made 17.03 first pass, then 17.01 and at last I made a 16.98

Later on I went with bosch 4 sparks and made 17.08 (they are useless)

Then installed NGK spark plugs with msd ignition intake exhaust and made 16.7.

Realized F22 doesn't work, its useless... Maybe it can work on a Crx or Civic but ludes are to heavy for a F22.

·
Registered
123 Posts
(3rd Run)
R/T- 1.080
60'- 2.527
330- 7.184
1/8 -11.029
MPH- 64.03
1000- 14.338
1/4- 17.122
MPH- 80.72

This was my first time at the track and i think i did alright for being stock. I also have 17"s.

·
Registered
292 Posts
What do you mean the prelude is too heavy for the f22? The f22 is lighter weight than h22 and h23 but the compression is a measily 8:8:1 and the h22 is like 9:8:1 or sumthin like that .....i have an f22 prelude s and i'm going to do an engine build. The 2.2 liter displacement provide great torque but obviously the hp is low. I'm saving up to have the head redone as in port polish and camshaft regrind. Then getting 11:1 cr pistons. I will be interested to see what i'll be running in the quarter mile. I would like to take mine to the track right now to see what it runs. My guess would be 17's maybe 16's. I have intake, header, high flow cat, exhaust, plugs and wires, air/fuel modifier. Prolly 16'a but need to make a pass to find out for sure. I know i could do a swap but i don't want to get an h22 because i don't want to swap to a manual tranny because thats expensive ....i want to see how far i can take the f22 because of my own personal curiosity. Well i'm out. Peace.
- Mike

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
have fun....but eventually you will realize that you would be better going over to DOHC because It's Cheaper in the long run. and you don't have VTEC...at least the F Series Has VTEC on the Accord EX. this aint no F22b we are talking about you have a F22a which is an economy motor. You want to boost it up or what? the one thing the prelude s has going for it is the weight factor. less powered accessories than the prelude SI/SE/VTEC.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
WhiteMike05 said:
What do you mean the prelude is too heavy for the f22? The f22 is lighter weight than h22 and h23 but the compression is a measily 8:8:1 and the h22 is like 9:8:1 or sumthin like that .....i have an f22 prelude s and i'm going to do an engine build. The 2.2 liter displacement provide great torque but obviously the hp is low. I'm saving up to have the head redone as in port polish and camshaft regrind. Then getting 11:1 cr pistons. I will be interested to see what i'll be running in the quarter mile. I would like to take mine to the track right now to see what it runs. My guess would be 17's maybe 16's. I have intake, header, high flow cat, exhaust, plugs and wires, air/fuel modifier. Prolly 16'a but need to make a pass to find out for sure. I know i could do a swap but i don't want to get an h22 because i don't want to swap to a manual tranny because thats expensive ....i want to see how far i can take the f22 because of my own personal curiosity. Well i'm out. Peace.
- Mike
going NA on an F22 automatic is not a good idea...youll spend more money than you want to and in taking it that far, you wont be as fast as h22 preludes and youll probly fuck up the motor in the process which means youll have to start all over again

the first and best mod to do to any honda is an engine swap (if your engine sucks)...think about it, its just a higher platform to start from.

btw, h22 is 10.6:1........also, the h22 weighs 40-70 lbs more than the f22........also, f22 accords are way way way slower than preludes with decent engines (i know because i own one), and im sorry to say, but your f22 prelude is heavier than an f22 accord

alright im done...reward your curiousity as much as you want, but dont say i didnt warn ya.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts