Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am having problems with my clutch in my 92 Prelude Si... I need to replace it soon I think. Should I just get a stock clutch or is there something out there that would be better. I have no mods on my car right now, I just need a new clutch and am thinking of adding some intake, exhaust, and headers on it in the near future. Should a get a higher performance clutch? I don't race it, never will, just do everyday to and from work driving, but want to make my car smoother and faster than it is, just for the hell of it. any suggestions on the clutch or any other part I should get that I listed would be great.. Thanks guys

·
Registered
34 Posts
Since you don't race the car, why make it faster??? If you know for sure you won't be hitting it hard, don't even bother putting money into it cause you'll never get it back unless money is not an issue here. Anyway, if I were you I would just go with a stock clutch for a few reasons: 1) your clutch pedal will be a lot stiffer when you get a performance clutch,2) your ride won't be as smooth as you think and 3) you're not putting out enough power to install a better clutch. In my opinion, with your usage of the car go with the stock one.

·
Registered
921 Posts
well for your use i would go with a stock one, but you actually might save money going with a performance clutch. I dropped an ACT clutch in my 93 lude a couple months back, and it was cheaper than what honda had quoted me to put there clutch in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since you don't race the car, why make it faster??? If you know for sure you won't be hitting it hard, don't even bother putting money into it cause you'll never get it back unless money is not an issue here.
Eh? That doesn't make any sense. Why even get a new car then? Why even get a car unless you are going to race. You can just use the bus, or a Yugo. :p

I would like to see more performance out of my car. You don't have to drag a car to see performance increases

1 - 5 of 5 Posts