Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
it should work but why not get something newer.i wouldnt like the idea of putting some brakes on my car that are 17 years old. look into getting some brakes from the 94+ integras or 99-00 civic si.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
you might think you're saving money but actually you might have to spend money to get those old brakes in decent shape. most likely those calipers could use a rebuild or completely replaced with some new/rebuilt calipers. and those rotors are proably gone by now. dont forget that you need ebrake cables also.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
and new rear brake lines. plus the new proportioning valve. might want to look into getting a new BMC as well (though i've heard that it's not entirely necessary).

my thing is though, that if i were to have done a rear disc swap on my old civic, i would've replaced all the parts, rebuilt the calipers, etc. etc. etc. anyway, so it really wouldn't be any different for me. you just have to decide on whether its all worth the cost for you.

oh and by the way, since you have to replace the rear brake lines anyway, now would be a good time to go stainless! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.