Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend bought a 92 prelude from a private seller. He doesnt know if the engine is swapped or what. Sad thing is its an automatic, but the cars he raced were also automatics. Including
a 2000 Celica GTS w/ tech tronic sport shifter, and a 94(i think) MX-6. He spanked the Celi by 2 car lengths, but the MX-6 about 1 1/2. The only thing i know about his engine is the [H] symbol and its black... no other words to be found. Any ideaS?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
No, 92's did not come with this phone. 93's and up did, but its still pretty rare. :)

92's are non-vtec. It will say DOHC vtec right on it if it was vtec.. Or look down a little for the engine code, and it will say H23.

BTW: that phone is a 5.8GHz!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mines a 92 Si VTEC JDM - imported from Japan.

These models were only available from Japan.

·
Registered
476 Posts
95accord22 said:
No, 92's did not come with this phone. 93's and up did, but its still pretty rare. :)

92's are non-vtec. It will say DOHC vtec right on it if it was vtec.. Or look down a little for the engine code, and it will say H23.

BTW: that phone is a 5.8GHz!

Lol you made me piss my pants with that one lol dam funny as hell.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shit my bad

the celica gts was a 2000 automatic if you were thinking it was a 92. Ya and nice phone i am gonna get one now.
:D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fransisqo said:

I was thinking he did have an engine swap.... i dunno how can i find out? From a dealership?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Rice_Eater143 said:
I was thinking he did have an engine swap.... i dunno how can i find out? From a dealership?
Look on the valve cover, it will say DOHC vtec. Or on the block it will say either H22, or H23. Or get in the car, put it in nuetral, and floor it. If it goes close to 8k, its an H22 :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
loco1 said:
What's the specs on that car?
I will try and post a link if I can still find one.
What did you want to know specifically?

·
Registered
301 Posts
RedLude97 said:
also, i'm pretty sure celica gt-s's only came in 6 speed manual, not autos there
Acually the newer styles celica gt-s have autos and 4-speed sport shift. One of my friend have a 2001 celica gt-s with autos and ss. Also, I sometime saw teg gsr beat celica gt-s, so it not a odd thing to see lude pull on it.

Peace,

·
Registered
597 Posts
fransisqo said:

i raced one of them in my old starlet turbo, i spanked its ass big time :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
On the Vehicle information there is an item that says something to the effect of "Airbag type: Si" or something like that. I think that will tell you if its an Si or just an S..... as for VTEC.. like said before, there was no stock made VTEC in 92... I have a '92 Si.... good car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts