Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help I have a annoying problem at hand.

My 92 TEG GS Makes a Thumping / Clunking sound and feel when Steering Left or Right During acceleration.

I can actually feel the clunk sound through my gas pedals also. Only happens when i start turning left or right. :fear When going straight there is no problem.

Does anybody know what kind of problem that I have.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Well, for FWD cars the most torque load is on the CV Joints when you either turn and accel....or preload and pop the clutch. So it may be ur CVs, but hopefully something more minor.

·
Registered
40 Posts
most likely your cv joints, so go under and check the boots on the axle and if they are torn you know thats the problem. it might be easier to just replace the axle as a unit instead of trying to fix the car i just changed my axel today and it cost 90 dollars and it took about an hour

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
You can find a DIY on the net. The hardest part is breaking the cv nut loose and actually getting the axle in and out of the tranny. It takes a little wiggling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.