Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... I drive a 93 accord, and something went wrong with my car stereo... I can't find any solutions on the internet, So I came here for help....

Well here's my story...

I have had my car stereo (DEH-P7200 Pioneer) for nearly two years now. Just until last Friday morning, as I was driving to school listening to my local radio station (Wild 94.9)... All of a sudden my stereo was on a lock down when I tried to lower the volume... The radio continued to play at the same volume, but I couldn't lower the volumn nor raise the volume, I couldn't switch from Radio to CD, I couldn't turn off the stereo, basically I couldn't do anything with the stereos' function, and the Stereo Screen was Black out....

Since I was on the freeway, I coudn't do much about my stereo but to listen to the Radio... and concentrating on the road...

Then I thought, I could just turn off my ignition and turn it back on once I reach my school's parking lot... Hopefully it will solve everything... But when I turn off my car's ignition, the Radio did not shut off, instead it continues to play even when the key was not in the ignition... I was afraid that the stereo will drained out my car's battery, so I unplugged the battery and replugged it, and the stereo finally turns off....

Then I test my stereo , and everything seem to works fine and normal...

However, ever since then, my stereo will goes off on its own as I'm driving, and sometime I can turn it back on... and sometime I can't turn it back on until I turn off-on my car.... also there are times I can't turn my stereo off even my ignition is off, until I unplug the battery...

-So that's my problem, hopefully you guys can help me out on this, cuz I can't find any solution on the web...

Thanks!
:confused:

· Registered
4,112 Posts
First, try cleaning the contacts on the removable faceplate. Then Check your wiring harness and make sure the Red and Yellow wires are cozy(Not bare, not pinched, etc..). If you still cannot fix it, it needs to be serviced by a professional. Good luck bro.

· Registered
6,716 Posts
I had this problem on my car as well.
Did you install the stereo yourself?
You have a installation problem my friend.
Your power wires on the harness are either not hooked up right or are not hitting the right wires. You need to check all your connections........also check your ground.
Easiest thing would probably be to completely remove the stereo, EVERYTHING!! including wiring and re-install with a new wire harness.
Also, check to make sure the previous owner of your car did not mess up the wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.