Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 accord ex auto, over the past month or so i have been expierencing a bit of a noticable hesitation when i begin to drive my car, its usually hesitated about three times, then i let off the gas and hit it again it does not do it anymore....i really have no clue what it is, can anyone help...i thought it was a dirty fuel injector but i used some ofthat fuel injector cleaner and i have been using 89 octane in it, however i used 87 all summer and i did let the gas tank get really low a few times...any help is apprecated...thanks

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
hesitation can be do to many factors.

Clean the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)
Clean the air filter
Clean the injectors
Change the spark plugs
Change the fuel filter
Clean the Crank Angle Sensor (CAS) connector
Clean the Throttle Bodies
Clean the detonation sensor connector
Clean the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAS) connector
Induce turbulence in the air intake
Clean the coolant temperature connector
Change/add coolant
Clean intake valves

hope you find the problem bro...

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
yea hesitation can involve anything. for one your car dont need 89 only 87...but that jsut may not the cause. since if u press ur gas and then press it again and it doesnt happen it can be the fuel filter failing...could be 02 sensors trippin...air filter...have u tried and reset ur ecu?? i doubt it may help but maybe a little. and do everything that the other dude said...might as well do it cause you are going to have to do it sometime.

·
Registered
847 Posts
man my car has been doing the same thing. It all started once I tried to advance my timing. Ive been having problems. I would floor it then then it would get to like 3k rpms and not go any farther then just shoot off and it was all better. I go get a major tuneup and get all the plugs changed and stuff. Lucky for me I havent driven my car for about a mth until it gets fixed.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
thats why its good to maintain ur car before problems like this occur.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i never had a problem before, car in mint shape until i had my oil pan gasket changed about a month ago, i think the dude messed with something...i should have teken it to honda but they were all booked up so i went to a regular mechanic in my area that i used to take my grand am to, never had a problem with him before....i have an appointment with honda on oct. 5th tho so they are gonna check it....mind hesitates around 3k rpm too...i am gonna change the plugs...see how that does...thanks for the help everyone...

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
good luck..why not go back to that guy and ask him what can be causing it...you never know he just may hook u up...good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts