Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... I drive a 93 accord, and something went wrong with my car stereo... I can't find any solutions on the internet, So I came here for help....

Well here's my story...

I have had my car stereo (DEH-P7200 Pioneer) for nearly two years now. Just until last Friday morning, as I was driving to school listening to my local radio station (Wild 94.9)... All of a sudden my stereo was on a lock down when I tried to lower the volume... The radio continued to play at the same volume, but I couldn't lower the volumn nor raise the volume, I couldn't switch from Radio to CD, I couldn't turn off the stereo, basically I couldn't do anything with the stereos' function, and the Stereo Screen was Black out....

Since I was on the freeway, I coudn't do much about my stereo but to listen to the Radio... and concentrating on the road...

Then I thought, I could just turn off my ignition and turn it back on once I reach my school's parking lot... Hopefully it will solve everything... But when I turn off my car's ignition, the Radio did not shut off, instead it continues to play even when the key was not in the ignition... I was afraid that the stereo will drained out my car's battery, so I unplugged the battery and replugged it, and the stereo finally turns off....

Then I test my stereo , and everything seem to works fine and normal...

However, ever since then, my stereo will goes off on its own as I'm driving, and sometime I can turn it back on... and sometime I can't turn it back on until I turn off-on my car.... also there are times I can't turn my stereo off even my ignition is off, until I unplug the battery...

-So that's my problem, hopefully you guys can help me out on this, cuz I can't find any solution on the web...

Thanks!

:confused:

· Registered
2,618 Posts
the thing about ur cars stereo turning on and off can mean one of few things...the adapter plug used to connect the stock honda harness to the new deck is damaged...accords have this problem...i had it. it can be the way u split the wire in which it isnt stable...im certain its a harness..

with the power issue not turning off is another thing...what you got to do is test the lines as u are driving to see if it is the car with the problem or the deck itself....maybe a small 12v fan connected to the power wire..(ignition) and see when the deck turns off the fan is still runnning..if so then its your deck...yet if ur stereo doesnt turn off at all then that is a completly differnt issue as well. maybe if you cant figure out the problem put a switch for ur stereo to cut off the ignition power from it so it can be turned off. in doing so you can turn off ur stereo without worrying about your battery...basicly its a quick fix..

to do that you must split the ignition wire (red) into a switch that can take the amount of current you are running....then run a wire from that switch to the deck as called a bypass...this should be sufficient..hehe jsut remember to turn it off..

hope i helped. good luck

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know much about stereo stuff, But all the wires seems to be connected correctly....

Could it be my deck?

Cuz it sometimes work, and sometimes don't...
for example... If my car stereo works, it'll probably work for a trip or 2, then it will acts funny, and shuts down and I won't be able to turn it ON again....OR function locks (stereos contiues to play songs, even when the ignition is off, but can't turn the stereo off nor mess with the functions.)
At times, while the stereo is playing a song, it goes silent all of a sudden and functions locked, but the face still lights up even when my key is out, and I'll have to pull the face out just to save some battery while parking it overnight....

I only have 2 options when the above problems exist.,..

-I could unplug the stereo/batter and replug, and that'll bring everything back to normal for awhile... <------- (especially when the stereo continues to play musics when my keys are out.)

-Or I'll just pull the face out..., but my car's atteena will still be up (usually down when keys are out)...

This $hhhhhhhhhhit is driving me crazy...... I'll let yall know if I ever fix this problem.....

· Registered
1,531 Posts
Ask a friend to trade you Headunits for a couple a days and see if the problems exist.. If it doesnt then its your pioneer deck and if it does its probally somthing wrong with your cars wiring or electrical system. Some of your points lead me to think its the deck and some of them leads me to think that its your car. I cant really tell wahts the problem but try switching out decks for now.

· Registered
2,618 Posts
yea its really hard to tell what it really is...just hope that it is your deck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.