Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm sure this has been asked before, but my current ride is a 93 Civic DX Sedan. Im considering doing a H22 engine swap. My car is currently Automatic Transmission. I was wondering how much I'm looking at to spend to get my engine swapped and have the tranny switched to manual as well. Im sure a buddy of mine can put the engine in and all that, but I haven't asked about him doing the tranny swap. Any input would be appreciated. Please, if it's not positive input, don't murder me

Thanks again.
-Stevie.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
you are going to need to buy the h22 swap and that will come with the new trnny and all, then you are going to need a clutch petal assembly. the swap will come with the ecu so you shoiuld be ok there. other than that i think its just the same as a regular swap. ive seen it done many of times. also don't forget that you need other mounts and an accord halfshaft to do the swap. im not sure what all is axactly needed but go to hondaswap .com and they have a writeup. your looking at around 3500 and thats with a friend helping you out. i would consider gsr swap it is almost as fast and is much easier. especially if you are going turbo cause the h series rods are not as strong as the b series rods are

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
no i said a gsr swap thats a 1.8 it will move that coupe.. i like b16s too but why not spend the extra cash to get the extra displacement ;)

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
to do a H22 swap you need

H22 swap-$1900 or so
Mounts-$200 to $400
Axels-$250 and up

you also need a lil better suspension in the front of the car,nothing dramatic but you do need to acount for the 150+lbs on the nose of your car

I would say after all is said and done you could have one in your car for around $3000 if installed by yourself.B16's are coo and everything but I would take a B18B over a B16

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
98civic4door said:
to do a H22 swap you need

H22 swap-$1900 or so
Mounts-$200 to $400
Axels-$250 and up

you also need a lil better suspension in the front of the car,nothing dramatic but you do need to acount for the 150+lbs on the nose of your car

I would say after all is said and done you could have one in your car for around $3000 if installed by yourself.B16's are coo and everything but I would take a B18B over a B16
yes yes extra displacement... :clap

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
IMO that's a waist of time and money,b18b 5 speed would be better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts