Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I just got a 93 Honda civic Ex and so far I have only put a short ram intake on it however I plan on doing more... I only can afford to spend about 150.00 per rim. I am going to be lowering my car about 2" so I don't know about space. I was thinking about 16's but I am not sure that I could get away with that with a low profile tire. What is a good rim for the price that I can get the best use out of street? Also what is a good tire to compliment the rims?

G

·
I'd go with a Honda or Acura rim, nothing bigger than a 16, preferably a 15. I have 96 GSR rims, with a set of kumho's (which, I don't like) Some HX rims migh suit you as well. It's hard to suggest rims when we don't know your style. I've had bad luck with tires, so I can't make any suggestions there.

Browse through the photo gallery for some ideas.

And, welcome to SHO :byye

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
either that or I was thinking about some 12's :D But I was looking for some black rims I am planning on doing the car all black... or red.. I do know I want all black rims... I was kind of thinking of like a 5 or 10 spoke. There is a pair of Riax but I don't know anyhting about them... I am more interested in something that is going to look good or at least ok but more importantly do it's job.

G

·
hardpack3 said:
either that or I was thinking about some 12's :D But I was looking for some black rims I am planning on doing the car all black... or red.. I do know I want all black rims... I was kind of thinking of like a 5 or 10 spoke. There is a pair of Riax but I don't know anyhting about them... I am more interested in something that is going to look good or at least ok but more importantly do it's job.
You could always find a set you like and have them powder coated. The 96 GSR's are 5 spoke rims (aka "fat fives")

This is just me, but I'm not a huge fan of aftermarket anything. I have a set of black rotas (c8), but that's about it for me. Just remember to get some bigger rotors that will be able to handle a larger/heavier rim and tire.

Let us know what you decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.