·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New pics on page 3!

Before:

After a rainy night, bald tires, and playing tag with a hillside:

2 months and many of my own labor hours later:

I did everything but the frame straightening myself. Under the hood is a 94 B18B with 120K miles on it, installed myself. The hood doesn't fit right because the hood is slightly twisted and I am in the market for an OEM style carbon fiber hood. Eventually the whole car will be sprayed frost white again, and I will be replacing the damaged stock skirts with EK skirts...

This car is just eating my money, but I'm so glad to have it back. Driving a 4dr automatic 95 saturn for 2 months was almost enough to make me lose it... :eek

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Good work so far. Now i think its time to concentrate on some bodywork

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
good work man. How does the b18 feel?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
damn dude it's looking nice, i'm feeling the jdm fenders. just need to get it painted, get that cf hood, and boost that b18b and it'll be nastyyyyyy son. btw, are those 92-93 gsr wheels?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xBenSETSfiRex said:
good work man. How does the b18 feel?
Torque is good, and I love being able to climb hills at 2K rpms. However, I'm still losing to a few B16 hatches and CRXs thanks to the long LS gears. I'm usually ahead until the end of 3rd gear. :(

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
ever heard of ebay short ram intake?:nod
that would be a good mod for 30 bucks, some more top end there to be able to hold the lead longer on the B16 hatches.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
can't run that intake in Cali though, smog refs will nail you for those cause they have no CARB #.

love the old school GSRs man! i've been wanting to pick up a set of those myself, but things keep coming up. i'm kinda going through the same thing as you (motor broke on me, different reason though. and i don't have any body damage to fix), so i know how you felt the last couple months. the difference is that i don't have anything to drive right now, i'm just saving up to get the old girl fixed.

but anyway, looks like you've got it where it needs to be. just get that hood, respray the body, and you're pretty much set.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
get a gsr tranny and problems solved!!!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
that one civic said:
can't run that intake in Cali though, smog refs will nail you for those cause they have no CARB #.
i guess then you have to get AEM sri. you can obviously do plenty of work under the hood so making it work in the civic body should be cake.

·
Registered
882 Posts
i hate being new to cars... dont know of much ur talkin about.... but im reading car books and following instructions as to how to take crap off and put it back on... so far i havent screwed up... but im learnin...

and btw what was the black metal box with the dent in it? i couldnt figure it out...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
98civcEK said:
i guess then you have to get AEM sri. you can obviously do plenty of work under the hood so making it work in the civic body should be cake.
I was told that a DC Integra cai would fit?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that one civic said:
well you've got an integra motor, so yeah i'd start looking into an integra intake. and i've seen an AEM sri for the DC2, and they look pretty similar in their basic construction to the EG AEM sri. i think the piping is slightly larger diameter, but that's about it.
Which is why I'm interested in an Integra intake instead of a Civic intake.

Another thing is I'm still trying to decide whether I should just get a SRI instead or a CAI because I can get an AEM SRI for $80 but a CAI for $180+... Is it really worth the extra $100? Also, judging by the engine bay shot, when I go to get the car reff'ed, do you guys think they would like seeing that stock Teg filter box or a AEM intake more? Because if I can just leave that stock box there for smog purposes, maybe I should get something cheaper than AEM?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
just have the stock box on there for smog that way they wont think youre some big racer or anything

I gotta give you props on fixing it that shits tight

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts