Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just bought this car yesterday. It said it have 92k on it. I believed it is rig some how. But anyways. I know that the Brakes that will need to be service. And I will do that. What else should I do? Plugs, Wires, Cap, Button, Oil Change, Filter, Tranny Oil Change and etc. What should I do on the mainteince? The dealership has no record of this. What brand should I use? What type and etc.. I am new to the Honda world. I have a Jeep Wrangler so it is much different. I am planning to-do all the work myself. Plus I have feel vibration in the car. Is this normal or the Motor Mount is shot? Is there write up on any of this stuff I am about to do?

Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
230 Posts
With 90k, the FIRST think i would be checking into is a timing belt..... before anything else.... :bomb

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far I have change the Spark Plugs (ZFR5FIX-11), NGK HP Spark Plug Wires, Purelator Pure One Oil Filter, Mobil Clean 5000 Motor Oil, New Valve Cover Gasket with 4 Spark Plug Rings, Cap, and Rotor (Button). The Front Torque mount is broken. I havent seen the rear mount just yet. The side motor mounts are just fine. How hard is changing the Timing Belt? This is really my first time working on Hondas. I am planning to change that and the Front motor mount, Serpentine belt and fuel filter. I have rear disc brakes.
Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
wow a 92 with only 90K miles! thats good or the odometer is faulty. Timing belt/water pump, fluid changes, minor preventive maintenance. motor mounts are easy to replace especially the front one. just jack it up and hold it up then proceed with replacement

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there a write up on the timing belt change? Water Pump? I heard that the water pump hardly fails on Hondas.

Anthony

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
that doesn't mean you don't need to replace it. its driven by the timing belt and its quite cheap. so while you have access to it when you are doing the timing belt, it needs to be done. I recommend you get a repair manual or a Haynes manual.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will the Advance Auto Part Water Pump will work or have to buy Honda Pump?

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
RoKnAzn said:
Is there a write up on the timing belt change? Water Pump? I heard that the water pump hardly fails on Hondas.

Anthony
3rd lane is right. replacing the water pump when doing the timing belt is basic maitinence.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is why we call them StealerShips...:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.