Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to do a fast and furious type upgrade to my 93 lude, 146000 miles. Gona start with aem cai, want to go with ceramic header and cat back system anybody got some tips for me. Just getting started so any help would be nice.

· Registered
2,092 Posts
a word of advice...please dont put stickers on your car. its fine to like the performance aspect of the fast and furious but please keep your respect and stay away from the rice.

what model is your prelude and what engine does it have?

CAI - AEM or Injen racing
header - dc sports ceramic or maybe greddy, depending on what engine you have
cat back - greddy power extreme, apexi N1...depends what you like.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, no stickers! But I'll need a good paint job mine is looking pretty bad.Lets see its a 93 si silver with 2.3L gonna need some clutch work its pretty stiff. Really just learning about 4cyl engines so things are still confusing.

· Registered
7 Posts
Just because NOS was featured in the F&F doesn't make it a F&F mod..... NOS has been around for decades...

They also said the Eclipse has a cool air intake and turbo... so are those F&F mods too? Most those cars had 16-18" Rims... lets call that rice... While we're at it.. most those cars had systems... 2 10"s or 2 12"s ... lets call that rice...

Every single car in that movie had Car seats... RICE!! headlights? RICE.. Seatbelts? Rice!!! Steering wheels? Rice!

hahahha hahahahha...... Pretty soon, anything with the Honda name on it will be...

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, so I'm not gonna do a f&f complete I just want to make it run better, sound better and look better, is that too much to ask! I've got the aem cai on the way, putting it in tue's. Thinking of putting dc ceramic header and greedy evo exhaust. Should I look at a new engine and where can I get one? How about dropping a vtech in? I figure 4 to 5 grand still beats a car payment!

· Registered
283 Posts
Soooo.....

If the engine isn't in ace condition I'd go for the h22. But......if you have confidence in your engine (mine's like new) go for a turbo ......I don't know the pros and cons of various makes but I'd go for the T3/4. If you just wanna run it on stock internals instead of spending a load of cash on forged, low compression pistons and rods and resleeving the cylinders and shit, I've talked to guys who boost 4-6 psi daily and put out about 280 whores power.

That's what I wanna do when I get the greenbacks (or in my case purple, blue, red, brown, and green backs).

Late

· Registered
1,712 Posts
Here's what I think

Engine: 2.2 Liter DOHC H22A VTEC (JDM)
Engine Head: Port & Polished
Valve Cover: Polished
Camshafts: Skunk2 Stock Replacements or Stage II
Valves: Skunk2 Stainless Steel Valves
Valve Springs: Skunk2 Valve Springs
Retainters: Skunk2 Titanium Retainers
Connecting Rods: Skunk2 Connecting Rods (If Applicable)Crower Connecting Rods (Alternative)

Pistons: JE Pistons w/ Piston Rings (Compression?)
Crankshaft: Crower Crankshaft (Stroke?)
Cam Gears: Skunk2 Cam Gears
Intake Manifold: Skunk2 Intake Manifold (If Applicable)
Intake: Injen Racing Division CAI
Pulley: AEM Pulley Kit
Header: Gready 4-2-1 Header
Exhaust: Greddy PE Cat-Back
Flywheel: Clutchmaster Flywheel (?)
Clutch: Clutchmaster Stage II (?)

LakeMountLude is the man around these forums that can hook you up with a engine for a very reasonable price.

That's just a few suggestions... :)

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the ACT Clutch?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how much hp increase?

Well Im off and running, now a good ?. What was the stock hp on a 93si and how much gain can i get with just cai,header and new cat back? A turbo sounds like 3-4 large and I'd rather use that on tires, rims and that new paint job......maybe even a body kit. Anybody know what a good paint job should run? It,s silver now, or at least the parts that still have paint,(shitty factory silver)why can,t they make a silver that does'nt fade!!! Might like to go black, maybe white or blue, gota blue interior so not sure what will work.

· Registered
7 Posts
I got a blue interior too......

My suggestion is do what I'm doing, check your local junkyard for a decent condition complete VTEC Interior... leather seats, w00t...

· Registered
401 Posts
Re: Here's what I think

SlipoftheCondom said:
Engine: 2.2 Liter DOHC H22A VTEC (JDM)
Engine Head: Port & Polished
Valve Cover: Polished
Camshafts: Skunk2 Stock Replacements or Stage II
Valves: Skunk2 Stainless Steel Valves
Valve Springs: Skunk2 Valve Springs
Retainters: Skunk2 Titanium Retainers
Connecting Rods: Skunk2 Connecting Rods (If Applicable)Crower Connecting Rods (Alternative)

Pistons: JE Pistons w/ Piston Rings (Compression?)
Crankshaft: Crower Crankshaft (Stroke?)
Cam Gears: Skunk2 Cam Gears
Intake Manifold: Skunk2 Intake Manifold (If Applicable)
Intake: Injen Racing Division CAI
Pulley: AEM Pulley Kit
Header: Gready 4-2-1 Header
Exhaust: Greddy PE Cat-Back
Flywheel: Clutchmaster Flywheel (?)
Clutch: Clutchmaster Stage II (?)

LakeMountLude is the man around these forums that can hook you up with a engine for a very reasonable price.

That's just a few suggestions... :)

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the ACT Clutch?

That would all be nice but how much $$$$$ is that all gonna cost?????:confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.