Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A co-worker of mine told me that the 96-97 Accords have more electrical problems in general, than the 94-95 Accords.

Anyone here with those years accords having any consistent problems?

Also What do you all feel is the best lookin Accord? besides the 03 Accords..........lol

I want a manual accord and I like the look of the 96-97 Tails but with the problems my co-worker is telling me, i need more input from actual owners. thanks!!

· Registered
2,076 Posts
I dont see where it would have more electrical problems. And if it did, it might be like 2 percent of accords. It's the SAME exact car, with a few body modifications, and OBD2. You should buy my car, 5 spd coupe. Asking 6500 :)

· Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are asking $6500 for ur 'Cord? What's on it and how has the car been driven and taken care of (Honestly)

Yea my co-worker had a 94 Accord and he was tellin me that the 96-97 Accords have more electrical probs in them than the 94-95 ones. From what you guys are saying, this is not true.....correct?

What's the difference between OBD1 and OBD2? and how would that afffect my bolt ons? (Turbo, N/X....etc)

Also, My Accord is a piece of crap and has been hit twice already so lots of probs every now and then. ANyone one else that HAS NOT been hit and that has a good accord.......what problems have you consistently had go wrong on your car?

Thanks!!!

· Registered
2,076 Posts
AcCoRd DoRiFtU said:
6500..i wanna see wuts under the hood!!!!!
If anyones interested just email me at [email protected]. Perfect condition. Never been in an accident. Had the front end repained at honda about 6 months ago just because there were too many rock chips on the car for me, I'm a perfectionist. I also replaced my hood with a 96-97 hood so there wasnt 2 holes for the "H" symbol. Car is never driven hard, and that is the truth. Actually, to tell you the truth, I try to see how many MPG I can get per tank, and drive it easy.

· Registered
83 Posts
He is probably referring to the OBD1 (94-95) vs OBD2 (96-97). Supposedly, OBD1 responds to mods better than OBD2. I don't know why, but I have heard this over and over. If you like the looks of the 96-97 better, than I wouldn't let the diff in OBD1-2 change your mind.

· Registered
200 Posts
Well, id say there are more electrical problem with the 94-95. Lots of interior stuff screws up a lot that i know of...door locks...uhh....well i don't?!?!

· Registered
96 Posts
my 95 accord has had the door locks screw up, right front window lift seems very weak, speedometer broke, and some random leds out... ohh and the dome light doesnt work in the center switch, only completely on or off, hows that for a few electric problems? other then that the car is just about perfect on everthing else, this is a car i would gladly buy again

· Registered
292 Posts
yea i drive my moms accord(97 accord ex 4 door auto) most of the time(yea im a youngin) but it drives fine, ahvent really had any prollems, shes been in two accidents tho, i wasnt drving obviously(my mom was =/ ) and the car still drives fine no electrical prollems. ive got my own car now but its bein fixed up at a shop 95 Integra.

· Registered
5 Posts
I drive a 96 accord and there is no electrical problem except it likes to consume the headlight fuse once in a while. I think it is the bad repair job on the front end when I got hit. May be a lose ground wire or something.

· Registered
66 Posts
the only major electrical problem I know of is the windows but thats a problem on the 94-97. My front windows are pretty bad they try to come out of track and its just a pain in my ass. the honda dealer and every other shop ive ever asked says its just the curve in the window the motor tries to push out.
the obd-1 is definitely quicker than the obd-2, I believe its something to do with emissions standards (correct me if Im wrong)

· Registered
906 Posts
i never had any probs with mine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.