Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 94 accord auto lx coupe. It has the non vtech F22b2 engine. The head gasket was shot so I pulled the head. I had the head milled to the max and the exhaust valves ported. I P & P the IM and EM myself. Besides intake and exhaust upgrades where should I start. I want to get as much bang for my buck. Under drive pulleys?? MSD set up??? Thanks

· Registered
146 Posts
I don't know what experience you have with Honda's or cars in general. But here is a coupe things you could do.
1.) Convert over to manual tranny
2.) Sell the car and buy one that is standard.

You don't want to beat on an auto too much, they're not meant for it.

Also Vtech makes phones not engines.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well to start I will to you that I am sure I have had more experience than you on cars and 23 yrs old. I have not mastered Honda no but you bring in a V8 and its a different story. I am in a partnership in my family owned business. Auto Tech One My question was aimed towards people that have the f22b2 and thrown a couple parts on them. Hondas are not race sorry to tell you buddy. My toyota mk3 turbo against any honda ever made except a NSX would not come close buddy. Sorry to tell you but I seen a Ford Excursion blow away a civic hatch with b18 v tech with t3 turbo. sorry man i am not trying to build a race or I would have posted in a muscle car forum. I am trying to get some more horse than factory 135hp wow.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Well to start I will to you that I am sure I have had more experience than you on cars and 23 yrs old. I have not mastered Honda no but you bring in a V8 and its a different story. I am in a partnership in my family owned business. Auto Tech One My question was aimed towards people that have the f22b2 and thrown a couple parts on them. Hondas are not race sorry to tell you buddy. My toyota mk3 turbo against any honda ever made except a NSX would not come close buddy. Sorry to tell you but I seen a Ford Excursion blow away a civic hatch with b18 v tech with t3 turbo. sorry man i am not trying to build a race or I would have posted in a muscle car forum. I am trying to get some more horse than factory 135hp wow.
At this statement, I simpyl wanna punch you in the teeth. Dont come onto a CAR forum and automatically think you are better then anyone. Prove it first.

Second, if your so good with cars, you would know that you need a tune to achieve better overall power. Factury tune is always lean or very lean, for emissions and gasmileage.

Third, the F series trannies are sturdy pieces of equipment, but like any automatic for a 4 cylinder, cant handle the abuse of even a 50whp motor being driven stupid.

Dont be so full of yourself. I can name 10 members here with a degree in automotive and shut your claim to be good down. Nobody cares if your part of a family car business. Being around cars doesnt mean you automatically know alot.

God fucking damnit, now I need a smoke or drink

· Registered
823 Posts
At this statement, I simpyl wanna punch you in the teeth. Dont come onto a CAR forum and automatically think you are better then anyone. Prove it first.

Second, if your so good with cars, you would know that you need a tune to achieve better overall power. Factury tune is always lean or very lean, for emissions and gasmileage.

Third, the F series trannies are sturdy pieces of equipment, but like any automatic for a 4 cylinder, cant handle the abuse of even a 50whp motor being driven stupid.

Dont be so full of yourself. I can name 10 members here with a degree in automotive and shut your claim to be good down. Nobody cares if your part of a family car business. Being around cars doesnt mean you automatically know alot.

God fucking damnit, now I need a smoke or drink
Damn, Nice bro! You tell'em.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Damn right, I hate it when people come on here and claim they are more experienced or whatever without a hint of proof. Its pretty easy, ( I have a degree, I have X number of years, blah blah).

I could be the car-god for the corvettes V8 and still be a total noob to a simple honda single cam. Car knowledge doesnt always transfer over

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did not come here to offend anyone. I just wanted to know the best cheap upgrades on these accords. I am not in to looks much I would rather go for performance. I just got kinda angry that my mechanic skills were threatened. I am not good about typing out auto problems online. By the way I do have an A degree in auto engineering and fabrication, but that's beside the point. Thanks for your info. Does anyone know if I can swap ecus with the prelude like you can in the 90-93 accord f22a?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
And for matt liston I would love to see you punch me in the mouth. Im 6ft3 lol. I would round house your head off the curb. punk driving a weak ass auto del slow wtf my grandmas La Sabre would beat that shit. ***
Wow, there you go again asswipe. Assuming shit. Yes, my 1.5 auto is slow, you sound SO tough calling that out. Second, you dont know jack shit about me, so I doubt your gay 6'3" tall self could even hit me. I grew up in a pretty rough neighborbhood and know how to handle myself fairly well, even at the ripe weight of 320 pounds on a 6 foot frame. You try that shit and you will regret it.

Seriously GTFO if all your gonna do is run around here making claims WITH NO PROOF. round house my head off? Its the internet, just cuz you have a tiny dick doesnt mean you gotta pretend to be tough.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I did not come here to offend anyone. I just wanted to know the best cheap upgrades on these accords. I am not in to looks much I would rather go for performance. I just got kinda angry that my mechanic skills were threatened. I am not good about typing out auto problems online. By the way I do have an A degree in auto engineering and fabrication, but that's beside the point. Thanks for your info. Does anyone know if I can swap ecus with the prelude like you can in the 90-93 accord f22a?
Your mechanic skills were NOT threatened, what was sais is that you should not get on a CAR forum and start telling people you got more underhood time. What I meant by my previous statement is that you cant learn shit just by being around it. You say you have a degree. Maybe you would figure out the accord motor is garbage without boost, and at that, needs a H vtec head to be more fun to drive. shit, my slow as fuck 1.5 auto could rape your accord right now

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my dude has the same car 1.5 v tech and I leave his car. And if your fat ass was in your car you will definitely lose. Del Sol are chick cars for your info. Atleast get a crx and swap in a LS motor. You grew up in the hood. Come to Columbus lmao. I studied karate and boxing for years. LOL

· Banned
1,613 Posts
internet fist fight?

I did this
I know this
I can double round house bruce lee
Come to my home down 1000 miles away and fight me
Come to my home down 1000 miles away and race me

Do internet tough guys all follow the same script or what?

so your BIG BOOST toyota is afraid of an NA honda NSX? you got some REALLY BIGGG BOOST huh? Take your really slow honda and toyota somewhere else

· Registered
10,346 Posts
my dude has the same car 1.5 v tech and I leave his car. And if your fat ass was in your car you will definitely lose. Del Sol are chick cars for your info. Atleast get a crx and swap in a LS motor. You grew up in the hood. Come to Columbus lmao. I studied karate and boxing for years. LOL
There goes an excellent display of your car knowledge. My car DOES NOT HAVE VTEC, and again its VTEC not V TECH. you dont pay attention do you? vtech is a phone manufacturer :lmao

Stop this stupidity.

When are you gonna start proving the stuff you say? I doubt you have studied karate or boxing. The mindset that is taught would keep you from acting in this fashion. I never had the patience for karate or boxing. I prefer real world experience. you win some and you lose some

I also didnt say I grew up in "da hood" I said I grew up in a rough neighborhood. That doesnt automatically mean it was full of gang bangers and ******s you ignorant lil boy.

Just stop responding and post real knowledge, instead of some petty reaction to someone you dont like on the internet.

BTW is that columbus in texas, indiana, ohio, wisconsin, mississippi or georgia? idiot. "Yeah come here and fight me, but I wont give you a state" "im so tough cuz I talk shit online"

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HAHA NSX is a super car. My supra is an everyday driver. 320hp slow it will snap your head back. 155 mph slow LOL idiot talk. what do u have a civic brokeback. dude I am not doggin all hondas I like them for their reliability but they are not seen on race day. I am done talking to a bunch of punks that know nothing about cars. "I have a CAI and 3in Muffler" wow you gained 3hp now your del sol is at 105hp. If you want a race car get a muscle car.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well my buddy had the 1.5 v tech swapped in his car and it was terribly slow. Your 1.5 non v tech is rated at 102 hp damn man that's a pure race ricer. I would die before I would be seen in that. Especially fat ass hell. By the way I do not start fights but I do not back down from them. Remember you came at me.

My address 1381 Harmon Ave Columbus Ohio 43223

· Banned
1,613 Posts
HAHA NSX is a super car. My supra is an everyday driver. 320hp slow it will snap your head back. 155 mph slow LOL idiot talk. what do u have a civic brokeback. dude I am not doggin all hondas I like them for their reliability but they are not seen on race day. I am done talking to a bunch of punks that know nothing about cars. "I have a CAI and 3in Muffler" wow you gained 3hp now your del sol is at 105hp. If you want a race car get a muscle car.
uh - I own a camaro z28........ guess you missed that part.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
First off. the NSX is NOT a supoer car, and anyone who thinks so is an idiot. its simply a mid mounted strung out v6 woop dee do

Second you dont gain any horsepower on an older honda via muffler, the tiny piping is enough to make the muffler pointless to replace.

3rd, a 320hp supra is slow. They are heavy cars compared to a 4th or 5th gen civic. I would put money down that even a 500hp supra would get wasted by a 350hp civic if it was tuned right and had all the goodies.

You're the one being a punk, talking smack on a car forum, and calling us puinks who know nothing about cars. have you even seen some of the users on here? We have a person from skunk2, synapse, precision, a couple oldschool muscle car lovers that took on a honda project, etc. Get some real information and maybe you MIGHT get a tiny bit of respect, but so far your attitude has done nothing except piss every one off. Why dont you simply log off SHO and keep it that way. jeez

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.