Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 accord coupe 5spd. My rotors where warped so the wheel shoke when i braked before so i had to replace the rotors. I decided to do the pads at the same time. After some bp blast and 12hrs later 4 bolts had striped so i had to take the drill out and go at it. I got the hub ass. off and new bolts in so i put it all back on the way it came off then i torqued it to specs (via hayes manu) cleaned with brake cleaner and flused the system and then it was fine for about a week then it started this grinding on the passenger side when i brake. I tolk it all apart and everything looked fine i looked at the pads and no cracks or nuthin so i put it all back together and it stoped for about 2 days and now it is doing it sometimes but not all the times... Im lost just wondering if anyone had anything to comment on before i take it back apart tommorow.

·
Registered
365 Posts
What kind of pads? Did you bed them in? If you only replaced the fronts, check the rear rotor for damage. Noise locations sometimes play tricks on you with their location.

Does it mostly make the noise for the first few miles in the morning or after you haven’t driven it for a while? If so, it may be rust or deposits on the rotor that takes a few minutes to wear off.

Can you take a digital picture of the rotors?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lean said:
What kind of pads? Did you bed them in? If you only replaced the fronts, check the rear rotor for damage. Noise locations sometimes play tricks on you with their location.

Does it mostly make the noise for the first few miles in the morning or after you haven’t driven it for a while? If so, it may be rust or deposits on the rotor that takes a few minutes to wear off.

Can you take a digital picture of the rotors?
well first i had got duralast gold from autozone and they where for my car but did not fit correctily so i brought them to back autozone with my old pads and the only thing that had that was right where 16 dollar pads... so that sucks right there...u mean bled... yea i flushed the entire system. i have drums in the back its a lx but i know its the front right thats doing it. and it sometimes does it at night when i just start driveing and sometimes it will start when i have been driveing in the city alot thats what i friend said but there was only rust on the outside of the rotor and it was like water real light on the side where it always rusts. yea i will take a picture like tommorow or something THIS SHIT JUST MAKES MY HEAD SPIN :confused

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.