Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,can you help me!i have a 94 accord 2dr coupe non v-tec,have header,and a stage 1 delta cam.when driving it will hit the rev limiter at 4,500 rpm.is this normal?checked timing-crank at tdc and cam lines up with marks on the head.drives ok,no dtc's throttle cable adjusted to spec,distributor set in middle of adjustment.ngk plugs,oem distributor,cap and rotor.oem wires.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Is it a real rev limiting action (bounces) or does it simply have no power whatsoever after 4500? I would check your codes from the ECU if any show, Sounds like its in limp mode and limits to 4500 for engine safety

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes,it hits a limiter(bounces)it pulls hard to 4,500.If i put it in first(it is an auto) and drive it will get up to 4500 and bounce!the car drives fine apart from that.i dont think it is in limp mode as that would start me off in second gear.doble checked and pulled the 7.5 amp fuse and cleard ecu.jumped the scs and no codes.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Best advice is to borrow another ecu that can run your car, if it does the same thing, post back. Takwe your car to a salvage or junk yard, carpet pulled back so to have easy access to ecu, and ask them if you can try an ECU switch. If it works, buy the ecu, if not, thank him for his time and leave. I dont know what else to tell you bro. It might be worth checking all sensors that tell the ecu to adjust fuel, this includes MAP sensor, O2 sensor, throttle position sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.