Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

i live in australia

i;ve got a '94 accord with a jap spec h22a engine swap

i've read a few sources describing how to advance the ignition timing...my friend has done it to his 2001 integra type R...and he has the timing gun to lend me...however, i've read and my friend concurrs, that you need to short a wire - the SCS plug to reset the ECU before you advance the timing, otherwise, the ignition advancement wont take affect

can anyone tell me where to find this SCS plug on a '94 accord?
i dont know if the placement of wiring may be diff to US..

any help would be appreciated

PS one final thing..my car seems to drop to very low revs (it idles at about 500rpm, but dops to about 100rpm for a brief moment before restoring to 500rpm) for eg whenever i come to rest at a set of light...or whenever i'm turning at low speed (ie the power steering seems to sap the power when i've got low revs also)...any ideas as to what could be causing this?..i've had the car for abuot 3 yrs...and this problem has worsened recently

· Registered
176 Posts
the connector is blue, has two wires coming out of it and is located underneath the glovebox (at least on my usdm LHD).

you may try resetting your ECU to take care of that low idle problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.