Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup! Was thinking about a k20-r swap on my 94 obd1 gsr.What would i gain from it and would it be sufficent?Should i go supercharge instead on my 2000 gsr motor i have in my car now?Give me some thoughts,thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
from what I've heard and read it's not a direct drop in. You will need new engine mounts, harness, axles and so on. I would turbo the gsr motor.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i would definitly boost the gs-r motor. k/swap will cost quite a bit of change, and for about 1/4 of the cost you can build up your bottom end, another 1/4 of the cost can build the top end, if done right the power and torque would be about the same as a k20a. then you might still have the want to turbo the gs-r (now that its built :)) have yourself a quick-as-hell gs-r

·
Registered
146 Posts
with the money ur gonna spend on the motor alone i would rather built a sick gsr and either supercharge or turbo it. dont bother with the k series dogg. its nice to have cuz u can brag that u actually got a k20 in ur shit but it aint worth it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
revharder said:
Sup! Was thinking about a k20-r swap on my 94 obd1 gsr.What would i gain from it and would it be sufficent?Should i go supercharge instead on my 2000 gsr motor i have in my car now?Give me some thoughts,thanks.

it will be worth it, a buddy of mine did a k20 swap in his db8, had the type r bottom withe the si head, and threw on a jackson racing sc and was pushing about 260-300hp. it pulls hard as shit and well worth it, and to put it in is a breeze these days, just get the hasport mounts and put it in there, and of course wire harnes, it was spanking 350s and all kind of shit

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the k20-r,but the gsr motor is a good engine to mod too.Does anyone know of any links to a 94 up integra k20 swap?

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks !!!!!!!
Man i cant even remember but it was not as bad as everyone makes it seem, but then again i basically paid 4300.00 for my engine, because i end up sell every from the front clip i bought it with.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Transparent said:
from what I hear the K swap into a DC2 teg will run about $10k. IMO its not worth it. That money would be better spent buying parts for the gsr motor that you already have.
Someone lied to you.

Its upt o you if you want to spend the money. Hasport Mount kits arent that bad and the motor can be had for pretty cheap...

·
Registered
682 Posts
that thing looks sick, i heard the difference of the K20 V tec the other day, it sounded different then my buddies B18c-R.... like harder sounding... i like those K20`s..... PAC-MAN OWNZ JOO!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
in all motor.. the K cannot be touched..

My friend made 270whp ALL MOTOR on a k20a stock block with stock pistons, rods and crower cams and valvetrain...+itbs

He is going for more this week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Too bad superhonda doesn;t want to keep up with the times and learn more K series related information. I only listed my website on my signature. I did not try to advertise or solicited anyone.

I am doing this for the honda scene. A site like superhonda with 85K users, should not be worried about a 5K user website. Oh well, at least that is my opinion. If you want more k20a information go to yahoo.com and type in k20a.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I dunno what you guys are smoking but the kseries is well worth the money. Right now you can have a k20a2 for 2500 or less. There is a guy seling k24a2 (tsx motors) for 2100 shipped on a certain site I wont advertise. The k20a ofcourse is the expensive route but there are guys makin well over 200 wheel with the k20a2 setup. The you will need probly about 2500-3500 worth or parts after the motor/tranni/ecu but the k potential is amazing if you have the money ( hint your gsr motor is worth some dolo itself ::cough:: sell it ::cough::) ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts