Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My girls integra needs to have the rotors cut. I havn't even looked at the car, but am told it may have "Pressed on" rotors which are a bitch to get off the car... Is this true? Did they come both ways? Also, the Axle boot needs to be replaced..... How hard is this to do?

I am pretty mechanically inclined and keep in mind, i havn't even looked at it yet........ but i am hoping its somewhat similar to my prelude which i have done many things to myself up to adjusting the valves etc. I have my HELM Manual........ etc. etc. She is selling her car this weekend and i have to get this junk done....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
As in brake rotors?

Inorder to get them off the brake caliper should be removed than there are two screw that hold the rotor in place. Be it that the car is a 94' the screws will be pretty hard to take off...trust me:)

Get a impact screwdriver at your local auto store along with some WD-40...that'll take off those screws.

And as for the CV boot...be prepared for one messy job. You have to take off the complete CV joint to replace the ripped boot. Or you can buy a "Split-Type" boot...you dont have to take off the axle and its less of a mess, just slip the boot over.

The HELMS manual will aid you, Good Luck:)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well, the axle should just be replaced honestly...

Kaaz makes replacements that are both stronger and cheaper than OEM honda.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, so the rotors are the same as my lude.... no problem..... some people were telling me they were pressed on etc. Like i said, i havn't looked at it yet so was just doing some homework. The axle..... i don't really care if it should be replaced or not....... she's selling the car on Saturday and the lady thats buying it took it to a mechanic and he said the boot needed to be replaced... So thats it, $6-9 bucks or so for the boot and done.

Do i need to re grease it etc. or anything?

Thanks for the help guys..

Dan

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
The bearings need to be thorougly cleaned and greased...when buying the boot($35) the lubricant is already included.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts