Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah... so I was behind and 03-04 Eclipse GT... had cat-back, and monster tach... don't know if it was a ricer or someone who was actually modifying their car (Hoping for the second one)

We both hit the gas in a straight stretch of road and he was slowly pulling away from me... next I followed him out of a left turn at a stop sign and he slowly pulled on me again.

I thought these things were supposed to be slower... Did I just react slower and he got a jump on me both times? 94 VTEC, Intake Header.

~Peace

·
Registered
403 Posts
I seen one kill an RSX Type S only by like half a car. I wouldnt feel to bad about losing.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ludermark said:
it shouldnt.

maybe you just dont know when/how to shift :p :p
I'm hoping that was a joke... haha

Well, my dad actually had ownership of the Prelude for a while when I was working on my cutlass (see sig). The muffler went bad when he owned it and had it replaced along with the B-pipe... I've noticed a little bit of a power drop since then... plus my suspension is shot (needs to be replaced soon). And when I say he pulled on me I mean... BARELY pulled on me... Maybe 1/4 car

Car has less than 83,000 miles on it and runs fine... don't know what the problem could be... it used to be able to handle a 89 Mustang GT 5.0 5Spd Stock... I can't believe an eclipse pulled on me... Something wrong with my car?

~Peace

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
They aren't that slow. I've raced one before, and I beat it, but only by half a car. They're faster than you think. Also, an RSX Type-S are quick on the street, but slow on the Hwy.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Prelude1897 said:
Also, an RSX Type-S are quick on the street, but slow on the Hwy.
um...no :noo

and I think a stock 4th gen vtec should def. be able to pull an eclipse gt with intake exhaust even if you were stock. Maybe he had a few more mods then you though, and maybe that exhaust leak or whatever you may be having is also making you lose some power.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
ludermark said:
um...no :noo

and I think a stock 4th gen vtec should def. be able to pull an eclipse gt with intake exhaust even if you were stock. Maybe he had a few more mods then you though, and maybe that exhaust leak or whatever you may be having is also making you lose some power.
intake and exhaust really helps the GT's breathe. I know that i raced one with AEM intake and Tanabe exhaust....that bitch jumped me off the line but didnt pull anymore after 60 ft.

It's a v6.

·
Registered
866 Posts
You never know what he could've had done to the motor. Doesn't matter the car, the modifications are what matters.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
hobie237 said:
probly some better advice over in the racing forum
:noo :noo :noo

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
theres some boosted ones running around central florida

maybe you ran a boosted clipse V6 and hung with him. think of it that way :lol

·
Registered
523 Posts
98Vtec said:
intake and exhaust really helps the GT's breathe. I know that i raced one with AEM intake and Tanabe exhaust....that bitch jumped me off the line but didnt pull anymore after 60 ft.

It's a v6.
with your current setup?

geez...ive had no problem pulling them.

My one fried has i/h/e/p and he ran a 14.8 I think, while I have pulled 14.3s :w00t

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
ludermark said:
with your current setup?

geez...ive had no problem pulling them.

My one fried has i/h/e/p and he ran a 14.8 I think, while I have pulled 14.3s :w00t
lol, no...that was just with intake :lmao , but its still not a car to just say, ahhhh, its slow..dont worry bout it. << say that and your liable to get your ass wooped. They got a good bit of torque

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well thanks for the vote of confidence guys... I'm hoping when I get my exhaust installed this spring I'll get that "lost power" back. This muffler they put on looks like the exhaust outlets are smaller... sounds deeper though. I'm assuming that I lost some power because it's more restrictive. I also haven't been under the car to see what the new B-Pipe looks like either.

Like I said, the motor sounds strong (needs a valve adjustment this spring), and only has 82,500 miles on it. Maybe he jumped on me because I was going around 25 in 2nd gear when we jumped on the gas... just the torque difference made him pull. And coming out of a turn from a stop sign really isn't an accurate gauge either because he left the sign first and had a head start to begin with.

I wouldn't call it street racing... we only went about 10 over, and it was a rural area... It's just kinda disconcerting that this car that I thought was "slow" was able to hang like that...

~Peace

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
Well thanks for the vote of confidence guys... I'm hoping when I get my exhaust installed this spring I'll get that "lost power" back. This muffler they put on looks like the exhaust outlets are smaller... sounds deeper though. I'm assuming that I lost some power because it's more restrictive. I also haven't been under the car to see what the new B-Pipe looks like either.

Like I said, the motor sounds strong (needs a valve adjustment this spring), and only has 82,500 miles on it. Maybe he jumped on me because I was going around 25 in 2nd gear when we jumped on the gas... just the torque difference made him pull. And coming out of a turn from a stop sign really isn't an accurate gauge either because he left the sign first and had a head start to begin with.

I wouldn't call it street racing... we only went about 10 over, and it was a rural area... It's just kinda disconcerting that this car that I thought was "slow" was able to hang like that...

~Peace
there are lots of cars that you dont think can hang that in fact can.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
10 over? maybe that was your problem. i would assume the torquer v6 would get the jump but that 3rd gear and 4th would pull from an eclipse. Cuz i know i pulled atleast 2 cars on a v6 eclipse from 70-110.

·
Registered
106 Posts
ITS CALLED NITROUS....he was most likely spraying on you.

·
Registered
671 Posts
aren't GT's V6?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts