Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently, my cars been acting up. its slowly been dying down. it'll crank and crank but it seems as if its getting no spark. within the past 2 weeks its gradually gotten worse and worse to the point where it doesnt want to start anymore. its fuel injected, but say i crank it to the point where it sputters, i can give it gas and it'll fire up. but a few blocks down the road itll want to stall. if the motors kind-of warm, itll start up a little easier, but if i let it sit over night, its a bitch to get running, so i've been using another car. if theres anyone that would know any thing about this situation, the help is appreciated.

thanks.
-steve

·
Registered
908 Posts
Sounds like it could use a tune up. But from the information you gave it's really hard to tell, and would be easier if we could see it.

Could be plugs, wires, distributor/rotor, coil, main relay...

If none of those things have been replaced in a while, or ever, I would start there.

I don't know your situation that well, but I would suggest that because it's 11 years old I would begin to start paying careful attention to it. Keep a log of everything you do to it and at what mileage you've done it at, and write down at what mileage that it needs to be done again. A typical log entry could be:

3/15/2006 (123,456 miles): Changed the oil, using Mobil 1 5w30 and a K&N oil filter. Needs to be changed again at 126,956 miles.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i keep logs of that. such as changed plugs, flushed radiator, oil, filters..

i take care of it.. this just happened out of nowhere.

i recently had a viper 791xv installed, some people have had similar problems with the alarm because of remote start, but idk.. they havent said anything about it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Have you checked your fuel filter lately. Sounds like it could be stopped up.

·
Registered
719 Posts
steviethekidd said:
recently, my cars been acting up. its slowly been dying down. it'll crank and crank but it seems as if its getting no spark. within the past 2 weeks its gradually gotten worse and worse to the point where it doesnt want to start anymore. its fuel injected, but say i crank it to the point where it sputters, i can give it gas and it'll fire up. but a few blocks down the road itll want to stall. if the motors kind-of warm, itll start up a little easier, but if i let it sit over night, its a bitch to get running, so i've been using another car. if theres anyone that would know any thing about this situation, the help is appreciated.

thanks.
-steve

sounds to me like a bad coolant temp sensor .or a bad iAT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts