Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 del sol its a sohc vtec and i dont wanna super charger or turbo charger or do an engine swap because all those would be very high in cost. i was wondering what anyone would recommend me to do? what has anyone done to theres and how much horsepower can i really get out of my engine, i wanna go all motor? can anyone help me what should i do first, make me a list plz thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, This it is pretty simple when you think about it.

Now without a turbo, or, a motor swap, Or any serious motor work, you could proabbly att 15 houresepower reliably.

A motor in essence, is just a large pump. You need to get air In and out as efficiently, and have the air be as cool as possible.

Add, an Intake, dont go cheap though, get true Cold air Intake, and good, filter, and bypass. (130 ish)

then for exhaust, a simple, free flowing setup, removing the stock, mufflers, and cat, going for a high flow, catback and catilic, will be around 200-500 depending. on quality, and add 150 - 200 for a good header.

Then honestly, some tuning, goes a long way, An adjustable cam gear, and some ignition timing, changes, get it running well,

anything, further, is going to be more expensive than a turbo, or motor swap, ..

Its all pretty standard stuff.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Some guy had a D15 hatch, I believe, that was all motor
with insane HP numbers, but is was strictly race/race fuel.
Check sport compact car's website; they did a good article
on it. I'd go with a swap/turbo or SC on top of THAT,
myself.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
an all motor d15. :noo

it isnt worth it. lets say you bolt on the cheapest turbo kit available. get your numbers.

OR you get the best NA mods available. and get your numbers. i/h/c/e+tune

in the end, the turbo/supercharger will produce more power AND be cheaper than NA.

go nitrous if you want to get anywhere without turbo/sc/swap. dont waste $.

and im sure NA d15 can produce some 'insane' numbers. but then you get into serious cost for high compression internals/build, which the thread starter does not want to do. and is definitely not daily driveable since race gas like $20/gallon. i put my old cai on my d15 civic and called it a day. i considered putting the old 4-2-1 on it also but the bolts are so rusty im nopt wasting my time :hehe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.