Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, I did a 96 ex swap into a 95 accord(4cyl/automatic). I used the complete 96 engine harness, it is direct bolt in. I was told that the 95 is ob1 and the 96 is ob2. I am doing some research for what changes I will have to make. I was told to also change to the 96 ECM. Any other changes/modifications on the body wiring harness??? I don't want to just start up and run the risk of burning the ECM...any info help/suggestions are much appreciated..thank you.
Jay

· Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
you won't burn the ecu, but the ecu won't get the right readings. you will need to get a wiring schematic of both 95 and 96 ECU's to match the wiring for your setup. good luck.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update with some more reading ...I found out that the 96 relocated 2 sensors (TDC and CYP) from the distributor to the crankshaft behind the drive pulley belt. The oil pressure sensor under the VTEC solenoid is also illiminated. I have to figure how to rewire thos sensors to the exsisting body harness.., I am thinking it might be the same., I have to match the color codes, between the half-plugs ....
The ECU is a completely different animal. Turns out the 96 illiminate the TCU and combine those functions to the ECU. I definitely have to stick with the 95 ECU...will update when I get this engine going..any suggestions, help...guys? thank you..
Jay

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update...just in the event anyone really stuck on this swap. Instead of wiring the 2 sensors that is moved behind the drive pulley...I just used the 95 ex distributor and just let those sensor wires alone, since those sensors are already located in the 95 ex distributor. I fired up the car last weekend and it fired up just fine....puring like a cat. No engine lights came on. I still have some stuff to do ..before I put it on the road...but I think I got this wiring issue licked...thanks...
Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.