Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Prelude with a VTEC. The gas peddle sticks if you let the car set without your foot on the peddle. I was told that it was the throttle body and the carbon needs to be cleaned out of it. I had a mechanic do this 4 times and it still doesn't work right. I was given an other throttle body and found out that it is an ODB2 without the FITV. I have an ODB1 with the FITV. Is it possible change the throttle body out with the OBD2 ? Because the mechanic that gave me the throttle body said it could be but they don't match. Or is it possible to take the original throttle body apart and fix it? It seems like the control lever where the cable hooks to is what is sticking but I am not sure. I have been looking on the internet trying to find some information on this but have had no luck. Could some body please help me solve this problem. I would much appreciate this.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I haven't really look into the OEM TB to see if you can adjust the butterfly. Usually on the aftermarket TBs, there's a stop screw for you to adjust to get the butterfly plate to stop where you wanted on the inside. I had problems like that with my Skunk2 TB, I kept messing with it, and got it to where it won't stick and still able to idle at 800rpm

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe on the OBDII the map sensor was mounted on top of the TB, where as an OBD1 is mounted onto the Intake Mani.

I had to buy a map sensor block off plate (rosko racing?) when I installed my S2 TB.

Asides from that they're the same IIRC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts