Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
changed the transmission fluid but still shifting is lagging. mostly when going up hills.
is it better to rebuild or to get a new trans.

i also considered converting to manuel. juss thought it might be too much of a bitch. any words, details, would be appreciated.

· Registered
26 Posts
changed the transmission fluid but still shifting is lagging. mostly when going up hills.
is it better to rebuild or to get a new trans.

i also considered converting to manuel. juss thought it might be too much of a bitch. any words, details, would be appreciated.
i just had a transmission go bad in my 96 accord. but before you go and get it rebuilt or buy a new one make sure the fluid level in the tranny is correct. check the fluid in the tranny within a minute of turning off the engine. take out the dipstick(you'll have to stick your arm down the front side of the tranny to get to it) wipe it off put it back in then take it out again and see if the fluid is at the right level. only use honda z1 atf

a shop will usually charge 800(soft parts) to 1500 to perform a rebuild

or

buy a used tranny from a japanese company, i got a 50k mile jdm tranny that worsk great from ebay for 500 flat. and replace it yourself. if you got a haynes manual and really think you have the motivation to sit and work on your car and have access to pliers, sockets, extendors, prybars, bfh, wrenches, etc. then its really not too bad of a job. ive found its best to cut a piece of plywood to the approximate size of the bottom of the tranny and using a floor jack to lower the old and raise the used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.