21 - 40 of 1074 Posts

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
makes me wanna swap a K into my EK and ditch the boost

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
awesome thread man. are you doing all this by yourself, cuz if you are, that's impressive.

quick question, how did you get the antenna and everything out, because i don't use my radio and always wanted to take it out, but got really impatient and gave up. :bash

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hybrid93Hatch said:
Welcome to my build. I started the work just after the new year (Jan 2007) and have completed approximately 11 sessions at this time. I will post all my progress in this thread. So, a little about myself and what I am doing with the build:

I had a GSR powered EG a few years back. I did the swap with the help of forums and my father when I needed an extra hand. I plan to everything myself except the engine bay painting, any welding (exhaust), and tuning.

I'll be posting progress as I get things done. I work long hours at my job which is one reason this will be a slow build. Funds is the other reason :eek2

The plan:

-- interior paint (March) (brother)
-- Cutout for Karcepts shifter kit (February)
-- black dash for blue dash swap (Install dash when swap is complete)
-- wire tuck (March/April)
-- D series remove (February)
-- engine bay painting (Finish by March/April) (brother)
and of course the K20a2. (Start install March/April)

Here's what I am working with:

=)
I am doing a K-series swap in August in my EG and I will look back to this thread. this is one of the most detailed threads I have ever read. Just awsome! You're Number One in my book. :number1

Now you did a lot more work than I was planning on doing. I have a few questions.

What radiator are you going to use and are you making re-locator brackets or is there a kit?

Why do K-series swaps need Fuel Pressure Regulators, on one can tell me the reason, maybe you can; you seem to know what you're doing.

Oh, mad crazy reps! :w00tz

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
:subscribed:

great thread!!! one of these days when i have the time/space :number1

props and rep!!!

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
*suscribe*

and for the dry ice thing ur using. its easier to use a heat gun to zap the deadner/glue/etc then scrape it off using the heat gun vs the dry ice.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
snozepp147 said:
screw time and space, i just need money and i'd do this in a heartbeat.
gots the moneyz.. i need a garage where i could do something like this for at least a couple of months.. i have a 2 car garage at home, but they are occupied. in the next few years for sure i will venture into something like this though.

·
Registered
817 Posts
rnstein69 said:
gots the moneyz.. i need a garage where i could do something like this for at least a couple of months.. i have a 2 car garage at home, but they are occupied. in the next few years for sure i will venture into something like this though.

You could buy one of the 300.00 dollar cheap tent type garages, they work well and they stay warm when its cold. I have done a tun of work in them.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Don't forget that the stock brake booster vacuum line has a built-in one-way valve and you need that when you swap in the k20. A lot of people forget that...

This would also be a good time to swap in the quaife steering rack pinion :) and install the Energy Suspensions Steering Rack Cushion.

You should also keep the charcoal canister to prevent smelling gas fumes in the cabin. Unfortunately these wear out over time, so you may need to put in a new one.

Hybrid93Hatch said:
A = Opening for A/C lines to enter cabin
B = Opening for coolant lines to enter cabin
C = Fuel filter (keep unless running an inline filter)
D = Charcoal canister (can be REMOVED)
E = Brake booster vacuum line (REMOVE: will need new hose w/k20a2)
F = (2) EGR valves (only found in D15Z1 / VX bays) (REMOVE)
G = Fuel return line (REMOVE: will need new hose w/k20a2)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
dude, your the fucking man! :clappy i would love to do all that shit, i'm thinking about doing a crx project, but don't think it would get that detailed. :eek2 well mad props bro, keep up the good work and keep us updated. for i know i'll be checking. you've been repped by the way.

·
Registered
817 Posts
kommon_sense said:
Don't forget that the stock brake booster vacuum line has a built-in one-way valve and you need that when you swap in the k20. A lot of people forget that...

This would also be a good time to swap in the quaife steering rack pinion :) and install the Energy Suspensions Steering Rack Cushion.

You should also keep the charcoal canister to prevent smelling gas fumes in the cabin. Unfortunately these wear out over time, so you may need to put in a new one.

Quick relevant question, how many turns to lock is that rack?

21 - 40 of 1074 Posts