Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1061 - 1074 of 1074 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,066
is your bro repainting your hatch? :confused
Yeah, she is getting new door skins and the exterior will be resprayed.

Is it just me or does the oil pan look really close to the pavement?
Yeah, it's pretty close, but there are other K swaps that have much less ground clearance. Also, like kommon_sense mentioned, the camera angle is not helping at all.

Well, you also have to keep street conditions in mind. If I hit some damp roads after a rain, I can't punch 3rd gear. The car just slides and spins. I don't know that more rubber on the ground would solve the traction problems. I think the cars weight is a big part of it.
Not sure how much wider tires would help, but I am pretty sure traction is much better with the typical 205's we run versus the stock 185 :p If the 13" steelies I have would clear the GSR front brakes, I would definitely be interested in trying it out. But, they don't fit :bash

As I'm sure you've noticed, if you punch it, you fly through the rpms in 2-3rd and that puts you around 80+mph right there.
Yeah, 2nd and 3rd is a breeze.

If you decide to boost, you *MUST* get an LSD. That will help cut down on torque steer especially if it spools mid-turn. I believe they are also offering a 4.0FD over on clubrsx.com and k20a.org . So you might want to look into that as well. That will help, but you will still have more traction issues than the rsx guys since the civic's tires have a much smaller diameter.
Oh definitely will be getting LSD and a new heavy duty clutch as well. I'm looking into the FD as well :number1

I suppose you can always turn the boost down for street and autocross duty, and up to maximum on the strip. Have the right tuning settings for both conditions ironed out...dont kno how that affects reliability.

More experienced tuners can take it from here... :ninja
I thought about that as well, but probably would just keep the boost at one setting (10-12lbs). Since the car is not daily driven and when out I'm always looking to smash on a V8 :ninja

He could always get some 18" rims so they're heavier :td
Oh nooooooes :cry

Yup, its very close. Ground clearance is a bit of a challenge when doing the k-swap. However that picture makes it look worse than is.

fuster_cluck - how much ground clearance did you end up with? I managed to get 5" of clearance.
I have 3.75" with the Ground Controls ALL the way up :(

A thread dedicated to oil pan clearance / axle angle with cars equipped with K swaps: > > HERE!!

wow i havent logged into sho in forever, but i just wanted to tell you that this project continuously makes me wet my pants.
:hehe Nice!!

:number1

and do u have a higher res version of this pic? i really wanna set it as my background.
Yeah, I can get a high resolution e-mailed over to you. Shoot me a pm with the e-mail to send it to. I'll try and straighten out the photo and touch it up a little too.

This thread makes me want to build an eg :clappy
Good job man, sick work.
Go for it :number1 No regrets with the time and money I've put into my baby :cool

Hey man, did you decide what you're gonna do as far as a dash? I think one from a dc integra would look sick!!
I'll probably stick with the black EG dash I am using. Probably lighter than a DC dash too :giggle But, I am thinking about adding an S2k cluster :ninja

then the door panels wouldn't match up :td
Yeah, what door panels :lol2

good job man
Thanks dude :clappy

What door panels? He doesn't have any!
Damn skippy, no door panels in this piece!!

Have you guys seen the 0-130 pull against the red EG GSR-t @ 8lbs?

Thanks again to all for the feedback, props, and support. You guys are :number1

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Not sure how much wider tires would help, but I am pretty sure traction is much better with the typical 205's we run versus the stock 185 :p If the 13" steelies I have would clear the GSR front brakes, I would definitely be interested in trying it out. But, they don't fit :bash
Just a note on the traction issue. I installed an ITR front upper strut bar this weekend. I only expected the front end to tighten up a bit. I was surprised when my traction improved as well. Its only been 2 days since its been on the car, but some of my little fun spots on the route to work where I normally have to modulate the throttle didn't have any issues this morning.

Yeah, 2nd and 3rd is a breeze.

Oh definitely will be getting LSD and a new heavy duty clutch as well. I'm looking into the FD as well :number1
I would actually recommend *AGAINST* getting a longer FD *unless* you are planning on boosting. However then you have to ask yourself the question, if you are going to add power, does it make sense to cut speed by making longer gearing? The only gearing mod I would recommend would be to switch to the tsx 6th gear to improve your rpms when cruising > 50mph.

I have 3.75" with the Ground Controls ALL the way up :(

Ouch. The ekk2 kits give you a little more clearance. I'm somewhere between 4.75-5". i probably have a 2.25" gap between the tire and fender. However I mounted my motor on the top mounting holes for the ekk2 kit. Normally people only use the top for the k24.

A thread dedicated to oil pan clearance / axle angle with cars equipped with K swaps: > > HERE!!

Thanks again to all for the feedback, props, and support. You guys are :number1
Thanks for sharing your build. You did good work!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,069
fuster read your pm's! i sent you one.
Set it back a while back :hehe

Just a note on the traction issue. I installed an ITR front upper strut bar this weekend. I only expected the front end to tighten up a bit. I was surprised when my traction improved as well. Its only been 2 days since its been on the car, but some of my little fun spots on the route to work where I normally have to modulate the throttle didn't have any issues this morning.
That's really awesome to hear! You are referring to the bar that sits above the motor connection at the shock towers, right? I have been thinking about getting the PWD: JDM 3 point upper strut bar :cool

I would actually recommend *AGAINST* getting a longer FD *unless* you are planning on boosting. However then you have to ask yourself the question, if you are going to add power, does it make sense to cut speed by making longer gearing? The only gearing mod I would recommend would be to switch to the tsx 6th gear to improve your rpms when cruising > 50mph.
I will most likely keep the tranny OEM to start out with boost :ninja

Ouch. The ekk2 kits give you a little more clearance. I'm somewhere between 4.75-5". i probably have a 2.25" gap between the tire and fender. However I mounted my motor on the top mounting holes for the ekk2 kit. Normally people only use the top for the k24.

Yeah, clearance is not that great as you can see. And I have the GC's raised up as high as they go :eek:

Thanks for sharing your build. You did good work!
Thanks and likewise with your build. Your knowledge is definitely up there when it comes to K's :number1

So, yeah, been gone for a bit. But, the thread lives on :ninja I have not been doing much to the car recently. I did manage to get her out and meet with a couple buddies. We put this together:

K 2 0 vs. K 2 4 - ViDeO

Hope you guys enjoy it :hug I am very happy with the outcome of the video. Just wish we didn't misshift those few times. No worries, more to come and we will have these bad boys up against other makes/models....

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,073
1061 - 1074 of 1074 Posts