Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i bought these for my accord to fill the hole that was in my bumper for them. I have aftermarket headlight lenses that have the wiring for the turn signals not in the bumpers anymore. I want to turn these into a fog light but I can not find a lighting kit that fits it. Anyone know anything about them??? or at least give me a suggestion. I'm thinking about using h1 bulbs or h3. My friend says 9005 bulbs.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay, so i can use a 7707 pigtail, but that wont work for me turning them into foglights. I'm wiring them into my parking lights and then splitting them to a switch so i can turn them off if i dont want them on from inside the car as well.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
You mean like how the 93-95 del sol lights are? Only able to turn on with lights, but can control them being on/off? try 12volt.com Great resource for any type of automotive wiring. They have some seriously talented peeps over in that territory. and for everyone else, thye also have wiring diagrams for power doors/locks, alarms, whatnot. Check it out.

· Registered
39,372 Posts
Don't turn signal lights into fog lights. They are meant to be signal lights for a reason. If you want fog lights, then buy fog lights without modifying what you already have.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Don't turn signal lights into fog lights. They are meant to be signal lights for a reason. If you want fog lights, then buy fog lights without modifying what you already have.
They are aftermarket ones, clearer then the OEMs, so if he got a proper light bulb to put in there they would work fine.

OP if you do turn them to foglight, remember to run new wiring for them, as the OEM wiring is only meant for maybe 20 watts, where an average foglight bulb is 55 watts or more.

· Registered
9 Posts
hey
i tried doing this for my 97 accord
save yourself the trouble because those that you bought from ebay are made out of plastic and wont be able to withstand the heat that any of the light bulbs put out. I started with 9006 bulbs. they gave a really nice floor pattern but after just 5 minutes the housing melted. H1's also burned the housing after replacing most of it with aluminum(crappy mod to housing)
your best bet are 7440 bulbs or something..i gave up and never did it

· Registered
39,372 Posts
They are aftermarket ones, clearer then the OEMs, so if he got a proper light bulb to put in there they would work fine.

OP if you do turn them to foglight, remember to run new wiring for them, as the OEM wiring is only meant for maybe 20 watts, where an average foglight bulb is 55 watts or more.
Please, do not encourage this modification. I am not saying that it would not work. Signal lights are meant to be signal lights, not fog lights.

OP, if you want fog lights, then add on a set of fog lights, do not modify signal lights to become fog lights. Like I mentioned in my previous post, there is a reason why you have signal lights on the front of your bumper, so that people can see what direction you intend to turn at an intersection, or in their rear view on the highway.

/Locked due to a potentially dangerous modification and hazard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.