Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 honda accord ex

I changed the rotors and brake pads to slotted and drilled rotors and yellowstuff brakes but for some reason im still getting vibrations during braking. the steering wheel and wholefront of the car vibrates.

i have checked the torque on the brake caliper mounting bolts, the caliper mount to knuckle bolts, and the hub to rotor bolts. my only other guess is the 4 rear knuckle to hub bolts but if the only cause of this is lateral runout or warped rotors then i don't wanna take apart the suspension to check bolts that may not even be messed up

ive taken the steering knuckles off several times now due to having to change drive axles and rotors. and then later changing the transmission and lower ball joints

any ideas?

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the car has not been aligned in ages. it does the same thing even with brand new tires. and also wouldn't it vibrate when im just rolling if the bearings are the problem. the car drives perfectly straight and doesn't pull to either side at all.

i plan to get hubs and bearings from a 98 acura 2.3cl as a roh conversion so if its the bearings that should fix it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.