Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so saturday night i was leaving a comedy club in Baton Rouge, The FunnyBone, and was merging onto the I-12 heading back my direction. Now i'm not too perticular about being followed close but when i can't see the headlights of the following car when i'm in my SS then yea, it gets frustrating :mad. So anyway, i give her a little tap and spread the distance a few cars and low and behold; still there. Now about this time i merge over into the first lane and am in 3rd gear, roughly 60mph about 3500rpm. This mercedes procedes to pull nex to me, rev a few times, and take off :rolleyes. Now usually i won't give anyone the time of day on that perticular stretch of highway, mostly because of traffic, but the traffic was actually prety light and i decided to go ahead and put my foot in her. Needless to say the result was me being ahead by a bus or two at the end of third, and just deep enought into fourth to add a few more buses and shut her down. The mercedes proceded to give me the thumbs up and merge off toward new orleans. :confused. I'm guessing they just wanted to see what all the noise was about :D, thats usually how it is. First off i'm not sure how fast i was going, i pay attention to the road, and i'm also not sure what type of mercedes it was. It was newer looking and had that "faster" body styling to it.
Also, this is in no way a kill just sharing my little bit of saturday night fun. My SS is full bolt on with a tune and runs in the mid to high 11s, depending on how hard I launch, the merc was obviously stock.

· Registered
8,193 Posts
Noway a bolt on LT1 is in the 11's unless one of those bolt ons consist of a bottle, a supercharger, or a turbo. I run weekly at a track that is at 1500ft alt. and a 12 second lt1 is a rare site, let alone a 11 second one.

· Registered
8,193 Posts
Just happy I have a world class drag strip right in my backyard. To put it this way we are putting down about 360 to 370whp with a 2000 evo swapped/stroked/built/gt35r eclipse and only trapping 110mph(mid 12 second car). The vette ran the 12.6 on the first run out of the gate(only time I have ran it also) on a 2.1 60 foot with the stock size runflat tires on it. LT1 cars tend to trap in the higher 90's stock, there is 1 that runs up there with a 112lsa cam, patriot heads and he runs about what my vette does but I trap better than him(he hooks better than me). He also sprays from time to time and gets high 11's then.

*edit*

I am not meaning to talk trash on LT1 cars as they were killer back when they were new but LSX cars run all over them.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sooooooooooooooooo your bolt on tune LT1 runs 11's?

anything you are leaving out? (cause I've got one of those)
Whoops! glad someone caught that, i meant to type 12's. i was like, "what are they talking about 11's for?" lol, but i do have a nitrous kit sitting in my room so, 11's could be possible with a better tune. Also my car is in the shop getting the 9" put in so with in the next few weeks i may put some 11's up here.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Whoops! glad someone caught that, i meant to type 12's. i was like, "what are they talking about 11's for?" lol, but i do have a nitrous kit sitting in my room so, 11's could be possible with a better tune. Also my car is in the shop getting the 9" put in so with in the next few weeks i may put some 11's up here.
please stop talking.....please..... you will not run 11's on an lt1 with i/h's/exhaust/tune. and lt1 has what? 280hp at best with 220-230 of it making it to the wheels in a car that weighs over 3K lbs....with boltons on's even at 300whp that's still not even close to an 11 second pass on street tires. 2700lbs 300whp s14's are at best a 12.6 and they weigh hundreds of lbs less than an fbody

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
please stop talking.....please..... you will not run 11's on an lt1 with i/h's/exhaust/tune. and lt1 has what? 280hp at best with 220-230 of it making it to the wheels in a car that weighs over 3K lbs....with boltons on's even at 300whp that's still not even close to an 11 second pass on street tires. 2700lbs 300whp s14's are at best a 12.6 and they weigh hundreds of lbs less than an fbody
if you would have read the sentence i said "i have a nitrous kit sitting in my room, so with a better tunes i may run 11's." The post also says its a Camaro SS which came from Slp with 305 hp. So lets see, 6 speed, 4.10 gears, full suspension, full exhaust, 58mm throttle body with ported intake, electric water pump, underdrive pulleys, subframe connectors, deleted air pump and egr, and tune she runs mid to high 12's. i've seen them run the same if not a little faster with less. and yes i admit i'm not the greatest driver. on top of all the mods with a 150 shot and being tuned to spray it the car will be deep in the 11's. My uncle had the exact same car as i do but with and automatic and with full exhaust gears and 175 shot he was running 11.9's. i admitted i made a typo, and you still try to tell me your car will beat mine. so what, theres always a faster car, i never said i had i/h's/exhaust and a tune, i said bolt on's. everything you can bolt on to this car besides FI is on this car, including full suspension, and gears. learn what the fuck your saying and read before you respond.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
if you would have read the sentence i said "i have a nitrous kit sitting in my room
My SS is full bolt on with a tune and runs in the mid to high 11s, depending on how hard I launch, the merc was obviously stock.

and boltons = i/h/e and tb which will get you nowhere near an 11 on an lt1. those mods even with a tune on street tires will get you a low 13 if you're good and a high 12 if you have god/miracle on your side. you didn't list any other mods so your statement is bs

and like you said the bottle is in your room not on your car. make your post factual and clear and their won't be an issue.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
and boltons = i/h/e and tb which will get you nowhere near an 11.

and you like you said the bottle is in your room not on your car. make your post factual and clear and their won't be an issue.
i agree with you that the car wouldn't run 11's with that set up. i read what i wrote and realized i typed 11's when i intended to type 12's. i aknowledged my mistake. i guess my definition of bolt-ons is different then someone elses. i then went to say IF i put the bottle on and get a better tune it could probably run 11's. sorry for the mix up. what got me was after the fact i replied to all this you still put the, you can't run 11's my 240 would beat you. it probably could. theres alot of fast imports, on the way to the track the day my rear end broke i raced a guy who turns out to own a performance shop, who ran all over me in a civic hatch. i have a bad habit of not proof reading my post, therefore leading to the whole situation.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
i agree with you that the car wouldn't run 11's with that set up. i read what i wrote and realized i typed 11's when i intended to type 12's. i aknowledged my mistake. i guess my definition of bolt-ons is different then someone elses. i then went to say IF i put the bottle on and get a better tune it could probably run 11's. sorry for the mix up. what got me was after the fact i replied to all this you still put the, you can't run 11's my 240 would beat you. it probably could. theres alot of fast imports, on the way to the track the day my rear end broke i raced a guy who turns out to own a performance shop, who ran all over me in a civic hatch. i have a bad habit of not proof reading my post, therefore leading to the whole situation.
no i said my 240 would be an lt1 with those mods you listed prior to the bottle. bolt-ons has always meant i/h/e and throttle bodies. i don't know anybody that considers a different rear-end a bolton on or even a cam etc. not if you started talking different gears, street tires, a cam, heads, etc then my shit would get eaten

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no i said my 240 would be an lt1 with those mods you listed prior to the bottle. bolt-ons has always meant i/h/e and throttle bodies. i don't know anybody that considers a different rear-end a bolton on or even a cam etc. not if you started talking different gears, street tires, a cam, heads, etc then my shit would get eaten
like i said, it was my fault. i always considered bolt on to be anything that could actually be bolted on the car short of blowers and turbos. i do admit i didn't list the suspension or gears and such, i just forgot. but i understand where your coming from LT1s are the weaksauce until you start messing with them.

· Banned
1,613 Posts
full bolt on is good for 13.0-12.9 thats about it... if you wanna go faster and not mess with the engine you gota start doing gears and stall converters.

people STILL blindly look at the HP number but never look at the TQ number. bolton LT1s with an open cutout will make around 325hp with 345ft/lbs

while the HP number is good - the TQ number is nothing to laugh at.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.