Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is the deal, i have a 96 honda civic and it just keeps dying. after about 20-30 minutes of driving the car just shuts off and then you have to wait for about 2-3 minutes before it can restart again and if you drive it again for another 20-30 minutes it will shut off again. does anyone know whats wrong with it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter and cleaned out my injector. not that cheap stuff that you pour in the tank. the car still shuts off. it just shuts off when it wants to, when iam driving on the highway, on 35 mph streets while driving and when iam at stop lights or stop signs. it just shuts off when it wants to. i checked my distributor and the solenoids, but they are still good. battery is almost new, no loose connection at all. just dont know what is going on.

·
Registered
365 Posts
**JDMTEG** said:
well i replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter and cleaned out my injector.

It could be something wrong with the computer.. since you already replaced the pump and such it could be pumping in a wrong amount of fuel into the engine..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.