Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've posted on this but could not find my old post and now have more information toward the situation. On my 1997 Accord my Gauge Lights, Tail Lights, and Parking Lights do not work. I have established a few things regarding this situation yet have not come to a conclusion
1. All of these lights are on the same circuit
2. All Bulbs checked out as ok.
3. All fuses checked out ok...except dimmer relay.
So here is where I am at. I know that they are on the same circuit, I don't know what fuse controls these lights except possibly the lighting relay or dimmer relay. I know the lighting relay works because when I pull it my headlights go out. Would it be my dimmer relay and if so is there some way to test if it works properly...if not...what else could it be. I read something about a multiplexer or BCM on the fuse box but I do need help. Can't drive it legally without fixing these things.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did you install a radio recently? What did you do to cause the lights to go out? I'd say if it isnt a fuse, a wire burnt up somewhere or is grounding out.. Do you have a test light?

You can test to relay by having someone turn the lights on and off and if you feel it 'click' its activateing.. also try swapping a relay from someplace else and put it there..

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah im having the same problem with my 96 accord as we speak.. my small light fuse keeps burning out on me but i dont know why... yeah i think it might be my system that i recently installed but i dont know? whats weird is i replace the fuse then evrything works for a day or 2 then it blows out..i need help too!

·
Registered
31 Posts
shortage

you might have a loose wire somewhere around your deck and it is touching ground. that is why your fuse keeps blowing out. i have the same reason for my 90 integra. check which wire is it by pulling out your daeck if its an aftermarket cd player bro. if not it could be somewhere that is having a bad wire or shortage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts