Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My spedometer has been acting up and I'm going to replace the VSS. However, before I buy a new sensor, are there any ways that it can be cleaned? That is, if anyone has ever removed theirs and freshened it up, fixing the problem.... Its only a 20 dollar part so no worries, I just wasnt sure if there was any other conditions that could possibly exist that would make it malfunction.

It works seldom now, I was just going to replace the VSS when I changed trans fluid. Also, if anyone has bought a replacement VSS for their Accord and it DIDN'T work, please let me know where ya got it and why(if you know why that is) it didn't fix the problem.

Thanks.

· Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i changed mine and it ended up being the cluster sensor... check that
Thanks for the tip, I had heard that the spedometer itself could be messed up and notaccepting or regestering the signal from the VSS/ECU. This weekend I'll disconnect my VSS in an attempt to throw an ECU code in an attempt to isolate my issue. I've heard that if the VSS is faulty it throws a code. We'll see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.