Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
only down side to helms is the pictures kinda suck, and once they reference something with a location, they just use it by name after that. The reference thing isn't too big of a deal, but it's annoying flipping back 20 pages trying to figure out where the bolt they're talking about is. There's like 50 different bolts for this job, many with a specific name.

all I can say is it will take some patience if this is your first time. If you have the crank holder tool that will make your life much easier when trying to break the crank bolt. I didn't have it, but was able to stick a screwdriver into one of the teeth on the flywheel and have someone hold that while I used a 24" breaker and 18" extension to break the bolt. That's probably the hardest part.

It's not really feasible for most of us, but if you can do this with the engine out of the car it's a ton easier.

the tensioner conversion might not be a bad idea, but if you don't plan on putting stiffer valve springs in, might not be worth it for you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
714lude said:
Anyone know of or have a write-up on how to change the timing belt on a 5th Gen Lude? I'm getting ready to do mine and I'd love to get some input before I start.
Thanks
Do you have a hydraulic jack, jack stands, and an air compressor with a 5/8-3/4 inch air hose? I'm asking because I can walk you through it and make your life easier if you want....remember to order a new hydraulic tensioner and water pump. Plus there are other things to inspect while you have the covers off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have a hydraulic jack, stands, and a compressor/impact wrench. I'll take whatever advice I can find. I've had a little experience with this type of work, having helped a friend a couple of years ago with a head replacement on an '87 Civic, but this is MY daily driver and I want to make sure and do it right.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts