Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone whats up? I have a 97 Eagle Talon TSi Fwd i just got it about a month ago.. I believe its stock the previous owner said it has a 16g turbo but i did some research and my previous talon had a evo 3 16g car was built by southside DSM and this one is definitally the stock T25. But anyways my friend has a 97 ek coupe with a b20v, p28 ecu and some chip he just ordered... His car feels decently quicker than mine.. my car is also Auto and his is 5 speed.. We are going to race very soon.. Im just wondering if u think i gotta chance?

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
1. yes these threads are frowned upon.

2. if you are equal drivers and both cars functioning without issue he will walk you. you're auto and fwd... you won't stand a chance if his car is done correctly. what kind of b20v does he have b20z or b20b bottom and what head? b16a, b17, b18c1, b18c5, b16b? also you do not order chips for a p28. we aren't audi's ecu gets chipped and then you tune it.

3. the t25 on that year is similar to the ca18det t25... tiny an underpowered. a cheap upgrade for your car is a 14b from a 1st gen 4g63t or the evo16g. either way that auto is your downfall. your car stock is still only in the high 15's... the minimum power ive seen with a low comp b20 bottom end and gsr head was 170whp. b20v's can be all the way up to 200whp without going crazy on the mods. throw that in a 2400-2500lbs car with a close ratio tranny and the car will be quite quick.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
1. yes these threads are frowned upon.

2. if you are equal drivers and both cars functioning without issue he will walk you. you're auto and fwd... you won't stand a chance if his car is done correctly. what kind of b20v does he have b20z or b20b bottom and what head? b16a, b17, b18c1, b18c5, b16b? also you do not order chips for a p28. we aren't audi's ecu gets chipped and then you tune it.

3. the t25 on that year is similar to the ca18det t25... tiny an underpowered. a cheap upgrade for your car is a 14b from a 1st gen 4g63t or the evo16g. either way that auto is your downfall. your car stock is still only in the high 15's... the minimum power ive seen with a low comp b20 bottom end and gsr head was 170whp. b20v's can be all the way up to 200whp without going crazy on the mods. throw that in a 2400-2500lbs car with a close ratio tranny and the car will be quite quick.
actually, the downfall is that its a DSM and will probably explode before the race ends

1 - 6 of 6 Posts