Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all let me say I used to be somewhat anti-Honda. That was before I purchased my 97 acura CL. Love the car. It has treated me well. With the car now having 190k :wow miles on it, the tranny is now shot. Yes its an auto, but oh well, and im going to keep it that way. This swap is not to be fast or anything, more about pride and self accomplishment then anything else. I hate driving in the city w/ an 5-speed, plus i want my buddy to drive it after the swap (just had both hips replaced) H22 swap is the route that I am going to go, plus it looks good. Only planning on light mods for the car, no boost. I have read the h22 faq and did some other reseach about the swap, but most of it pertaines to the accord. So a few questions to clear things up.

1. Yes iv heard direct swap, but how direct is it? Direct for one person could mean something completely diff for another.

2. I know you can use the accord axels. Iv heard that the ludes fit but are to long. Worth keeping the CL's in there?

3. Keeping w/ the auto tranny, worth having the lsd put in? I dont know much about them.

4. Wire harness/ computer. Going to buy an engine that comes w/ the harness and computer. Since the current motor is vtec(f22) Wouldnt the new harness just be plug and play? O and i will be keeping w/ the obd-2, so no conversion needed there.

5. weight. Iv also heard that the h22 has a lil more weight to it. Suspension wise, whats the best way to correct this? I understand its going to be w/ struts and springs, but how would you size them to work out well w/ the car?

6. Are there any clearance issues? more so near the firewall. Iv heard yes and iv also heard no.

I have to do this swap in the next few weeks, mostly cause im using an old 2500 truck that loves to drink gas, and im gettin married on the 29 this month :bash :bash :bash So please lay down all the info you have to help me out. thanx newly found honda buddys

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if your refering to the engine, its got a lil 4 banger the (F22) same as the 94-97?? accord

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
if your refering to the engine, its got a lil 4 banger the (F22) same as the 94-97?? accord
i see. i just thought they were all 6s.:dunno:

sorry i don't know anything about the swap but i bet there's a bunch of threads in the accord forum.. good luck.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
wtf you talkin about (i think that was what it said)
why did you delete that? you realized what a 4 is?:hehe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i havent deleted anything, kinda lost now, but iv read up on the accord thread, kinda helped, kinda didnt, thanx tho

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
i havent deleted anything, kinda lost now, but iv read up on the accord thread, kinda helped, kinda didnt, thanx tho
no i hit the back button as i was scrolling up past your boy's (i'm guessing from the let's do the 3.0 thing..) post.. it said "wtf are you talking about," quoting my post about which motor. no big deal i just clicked the thread again to tell him 4 cylinder & he had pulled a ninja edit.:ninja

i said there are threads in the accord forum.. search man that's what it's there for.:)

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
haha my bad. I did realize too late. haha I have a lil 4. But dont think of it that way very often. Thanks for the enlightenment.
it's all love man i was jfwy.:)

somebody help this cat out!

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
accord and cl is basically the same car.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
huh?

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
i think the phrase you're looking for is are they compatible.. i won't say yes for sure, but if al says they're the same car, the parts are the same. surely there are minor differences, but that's the fun part.

what it boils down to is the same as i told you guys before.. go to the accord forum, this one is DEAD.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts