Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
The TL will eat a crx in a straight line, without question. The crx is not a powerhouse, in its stock form. 108hp only goes so far, even in a car that light. The TL runs low 16s on average, the CRX Si will run mid-16s on a good day. Around any sort of corner, though, the 1200lbs or so will give the CRX a huge advantage.

As always, this argument is idiotic, but assuming the drivers are of exactly the same skill level, and the tires give exactly the same amount of grip, and they have the same type of oil, have been well-maintained, etc, the TL is a much more muscular car. The crx is agile, but even with i/h/e you won't be pushing more than 115hp at the wheels. Unless I am mistaken, the TL sports just over 250hp in its stock form.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
drummingpariah said:
The TL will eat a crx in a straight line, without question. The crx is not a powerhouse, in its stock form. 108hp only goes so far, even in a car that light. The TL runs low 16s on average, the CRX Si will run mid-16s on a good day. Around any sort of corner, though, the 1200lbs or so will give the CRX a huge advantage.

As always, this argument is idiotic, but assuming the drivers are of exactly the same skill level, and the tires give exactly the same amount of grip, and they have the same type of oil, have been well-maintained, etc, the TL is a much more muscular car. The crx is agile, but even with i/h/e you won't be pushing more than 115hp at the wheels. Unless I am mistaken, the TL sports just over 250hp in its stock form.
maybe new ones..but a 98 with 250hp? hard to believe...thats almost as much as a stang. honda does good at getting 100hp/liter, but ive never seen it on their 6 cyl engines.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2.5 TL is a 176hp inline-5. Has good torque. I used to own one. It's not very fast off the line, but should be able to take the CRX. Even w/ I/H/E, I doubt the CRX makes more than 105whp. Rolling start, TL would own. From a stop, TL still should take it. TL only came in auto so can't really screw up launch.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
the s2000 has the best hp/liter ratio of any 6cylinder production engine. honda knows what they're doing with their 6cyl engines. you're right, the 98 probably wasn't as impressive as the current model, but i'll be good money it'd take any n/a d16a6-powered crx out there in the straightaway.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
drummingpariah said:
the s2000 has the best hp/liter ratio of any 6cylinder production engine. .

:bash :bash :bash man..... i hope you mean the NSX

and ive never seen a I5 in any car honda makes. not saying youre wrong, just sayin i open hoods on acuras all the time everyday and ive never seen 5cyls..always v6.besides the 4 bangers. i could be wrong though.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
drummingpariah said:

CRX si was rated at 113hp, what the hell is the type oil gonna matter but a hp or two.
I agree that a tl will beat a crx si in a drag race or from a roll, but you could kill the tl of the line in a crx, and yes in the corners thats no question who would win there. I have got a 15.9 out of a 90 si with exhaust only if you launch good enough it could be a close race, another thing you have to think about is the power to wieght ratio, then also the gearing, a si has a 4.20 final drive, I don't know what a tl has but I don't think it is that low.
1/4 mile could be a close race
on a race track the rex would own
and from a roll I think the tl would own

·
Registered
70 Posts
ksniperfox said:
and ive never seen a I5 in any car honda makes. not saying youre wrong, just sayin i open hoods on acuras all the time everyday and ive never seen 5cyls..always v6.besides the 4 bangers. i could be wrong though.
The Acura Vigor had an inline 5

·
Registered
12 Posts
Open the hood of a Vigor or 2.5 TL. They both had the same inline-5 motor. When Acura stopped making the Legend & Vigor, both got replaced by the TL. 2.5 & 3.2 TL. Inline-5 motors are not very common at all, although the new Jetta's have inline-5 motors now.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
ATISTANG said:
I thought the 3.2 was a v6?
it is. the only inline 5s ive come across are typically volvo 2.4-2.3 liter engines. but i will be on the lookout for those vigors and legends! ;)

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
drummingpariah said:
the s2000 has the best hp/liter ratio of any 6cylinder production engine. honda knows what they're doing with their 6cyl engines. you're right, the 98 probably wasn't as impressive as the current model, but i'll be good money it'd take any n/a d16a6-powered crx out there in the straightaway.
dude if you ever say that an S2000 has a v6 in it again i while go chuck norris on your ass. IT IS A FUCKING 4 CYLINDER!!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
drummingpariah said:
u need to be round house kicked big time

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
yep. my bad. i think i should sleep before coming on here from now on. looking back on everything i've posted up on this, nothing really makes sense, and i don't even remember posting it. sorry for my confusion!

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
drummingpariah said:
yep. my bad. i think i should sleep before coming on here from now on. looking back on everything i've posted up on this, nothing really makes sense, and i don't even remember posting it. sorry for my confusion!
What kind of drugs are you on :lol2
ATISTANG said:
I thought the 3.2 was a v6?
I had been up for 26hrs when I posted that and it made sense lol

·
Registered
714 Posts
S2000 = 4cyl I4 F20C or F22C ~240hp
Vigor= 5cyl I5 G25A 176hp
Legend = 6cyl V6 C32A 200 or 230hp

edit: oh yeah forgot crx
88Crx = 4cyl I4 D16a6 105hp
89-91 = 4cyl I4 D16a6 108hp

My old crx with stock Si motor and trans got a best of 15.7 at the local drag strip. It would be a close race. So, Race and see what happens.

·
Registered
854 Posts
i drove a tl before and it felt like a high 14 second car compared to my 13 sec crx

1 - 20 of 20 Posts