Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,988 Posts
I believe the cat is located just after the headers.

If that is the headers you get in the pic on ebay then it looks as if the cat has been bypassed :)

In the pic where the headers end, that is where the cat-back exhaust would install. But, I know the cat is located around the area where the headers start to bend and go back.....

· Registered
271 Posts
okay yes your header has the cat on it. the way you can do this is get a header, then get an ex,si, aftermarket cat converter. then an ex cat back exhasut and it will all bolt up. the only thing is that your second 02 sensor supposedly wont reach the ex cat. but ive been told by someon who did this that it will reach and he just un hooked it and stretched the wire and it worked. most people will tell you it wont reach though but who knows try it im thinking about doing this myself

· Registered
278 Posts
you can get an extension for the 02 sensor i just put both sensors in the downpipe . i have a flanged exhaust pipe i swap out with the cat at inspection/im time.

· Registered
278 Posts
if you go to any muffler shop(i had meineke make mine) and tell them you need a flanged pipe to swap out with your cat when you go to the track(this way they dont feel like its illegal) they will make you one for around $40 but you do need an after market cat. the 02 sensor extension you should be able to get at a dealership. meineke will also weld a bung to put the 2nd 02 sensor into your downpipe that cost me $25
hope this helps i havent taken any pics becaues ive had to study for finals all this week. if i have time i will post some.....:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.