Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all,

my 98 civic has been having this problem where it barely wants to accelerate when i first step on it. it feels like im always going up a big hill until it hits the higher rpms. also my gas mileage has been about half of what it used to be so im guessing both these problems are associated with eachother. anybody know what could be going wrong
thank you router login

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all,

my 98 civic has been having this problem where it barely wants to accelerate when i first step on it. it feels like im always going up a big hill until it hits the higher rpms. also my gas mileage has been about half of what it used to be so im guessing both these problems are associated with eachother. anybody know what could be going wrong thank you
hi all,

my 98 civic has been having this problem where it barely wants to accelerate when i first step on it. it feels like im always going up a big hill until it hits the higher rpms. also my gas mileage has been about half of what it used to be so im guessing both these problems are associated with eachother. anybody know what could be going wrong thank you
I had very much he same problem. It turned out to be a partially clogged filter in the assembly containing the V-TEC. AIR it's in the carb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts