Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
lsvtecteg18 said:
damn dude if i would have known you were in durham i would have loved to come watch/help if needed..im always down for a little lesson in wrenching. :D i live in rocky mount..(shit hole) :hehe
Yeah, same with me. I live in Durham :).
 

· Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
kommon_sense said:
picked up a '06 Acura TL w/6spd MT last year :) But actually looking forward to driving the civic again on a regular basis.
Nice, I drove an 06 TL 6spd at Performance Auto mall two weeks ago. It was amazing, I loved it. Though I really don't want a car payment, if that car wasn't white with tan interior (maybe black or silver), I might have bought it. Though the reasonable side of me said to use my sign on bonus to pay off credit cards and college debt :).

And I drove a brand new TSX....not worth 27k. Gets 1 mpg better than the TL but a ton slower.

Anyway, the project is looking excellent.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
Doesn't the part of the pulley where the timing belt goes still have to be half the effective diameter as the diameter of the cam pulleys though? Why would the different crank pulley mean a smaller belt or new tensioner?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
any interest in getting a turbo? would help alot and look SWEET under the hood.

btw, ever dyno? whats the numbers for ur car?
He obviously doesn't need any help when $80k Vipers are struggling to keep up :) and I don't think he's thinking turbo ever if I remember correctly.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
I kinda like the idea of an auto thats reliable and free range for 100,000+ more miles.
I see the dowside after throughly thinking about it..160 HP SAE @ 5,500 rpm; 161 ft lb

For less I could swap in a rebuilt b series.

I guess I should start saving for a Infinity G35 or FX.
Honda slushboxes are notorious for being crap though, both performance wise and reliability wise.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
And to clarify, I'm not just hating on Honda autos because I like manuals. I drive a 98 DX 5spd about 60% of the time and a 99 EX auto the other 40% of the time. I've also put a decent bit of mileage on a Accord V6 auto and compared to German autos they are just crap. They shift slow and clunky, they need coercing to downshift under load and I feel they show their age way too early. Again, I don't like autos at all, but Benz and Audi makes a good one.

But to answer your question, a K auto would be like being with Elisha Cuthbert but she has a permanent chastity belt.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top