Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
what else is done to your car? any suspension mods?? im just asking cause from the front it looks stock as hell.. i dont know many people who keep the stock grill, im not saying it looks bad i was just wondering, i think a k20 in a stockish civic would be awesome :w00tz

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
Thanks man. It was a lot of work, but the payoff @ VIR was more than worth it. I'll post up a few pics from the event.
aww man your shit is so awesome
you should have said something about going to VIR!! maybe you did and i didnt see it :p
i would have gone if i knew you were going to be there, VIR is pretty sweet and plus id love to see your car in person, so the K is running good in it now right?

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
I was originally planning for Road Atlanta, but they moved their date and it didn't work for me or my buddy that I do events with. So we ended up @ VIR. We will probably be back out there beginning of next year.

The car drove great. At the end of one session a guy driving a viper walked up to me and said this :

"You taught me a lesson in dignity. I thought I was driving fast, but then there is this civic in front of me that I just can't get around and you kept pulling away from me in the corners. I was recording my session and I'm gonna have to throw that tape out. I can't show anybody that!"

Other cars that got passed : Atom, Ferrari, several Porsches, Vipers, etc...

My only problem was braking. I just didn't have enough to stop the car effectively, so my next installment will show my solution to that :)
thats awesome! damn i bet that was fun
its a shame you cant get a copy of that tape hahaha
definitly let me know the next time you're heading to VIR i'd love to go

what are you planning on doing to help the braking problem :ninja

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
You don't get all of that in one shot. And the car can't be dedicated if you are asking it to do so many things.

A good drag car will be mediocre or just plain suck at auto-x/time-attack. A good auto-x/time-attack car will not be fast at drag. They are completely different ways of going about things.

People who build fast drag cars have to either compromise reliability or push their cars to the edge. Thats fine for a 10-13 second run. What happens when you do a 30-min time-attack run?

It would be cheaper to buy another car and have one for auto-x/time-attack, and the other for drag.

The best advice that I could give you right now is buy a helmet and sign up for a track day if you haven't done one before. It will really change your mind about some things :) Have you done any auto-x events?
x2
you get a lot more out of autox than driving in a straight line :hehe

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
Unfortunately no :( I want to take a welding class at one of the local colleges. There are a few things that I would like to make that would be simple if I just had access to the proper tools.
yea i feel ya
when is the next time you are going up to VIR
id really like to go out there and see your car

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
5 yrs ago, I don't think I had ever even changed my own oil. I think I actually learned how to do a rear disc conversion before I ever learned how to change the oil. lol...

If you have a service manual and a torque wrench, you can do anything.... Or at least put it back like you found it :)
i take it you never made it to VIR this past weekend? (i dont know if there was an event or not, i just remember you saying something about the first weekend in march)

btw
did you hear they are moving the Ariel Atom facilities to VIR :clappy
i was at a car show this past weekend in richmond and they had a guy representing VIR up there with an Ariel Atom, the thing was sweet!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.